Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Group Owners Challenge- Use your Calendar!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:01 PM
  • 22 Replies

The winner is Money Saving Mamas, their party will be held on October 7th!  Come join us for some fun!

The Challenge: Use the calendar feature in your group. 

The Details: 

Take a moment and think of how you can use the calendar feature in your group.  Some groups use it to keep track of members birthdays, parties, contests, special events, and much more.  It's a great way to inform members about events, you can even set it up so they can RSVP to something and get a reminder sent to them the day of!

In the GRC, we use the calendar when planning parties for the Group Owners Challenge Winners!

After you have decided how to use your calender, use it!  Come back and share with us your goals, what you did, and if you found this tool to be helpful or not. 

The calendar link is located on the left side of your group, and is green. 

Official Challenge Rules:

To enter this challenge, you must reply to this post giving an explanation on how you executed the challenge in your group and how well it went, remember to give as many details as possible!
* Participation and replies to the challenge post must be posted between August 31 , 2010 at 12:00 AM EST and September 7, 2010 at 11:59 PM EST
* This contest will end on September 7, 2010 at 11:59 PM EST
* One winner will be selected randomly.
* The winner will be posted on this thread and will be notified via CafeMom PM.
* The winner's group will receive a party, which will consist of party promotion, 4 party posts, Cafe Amber hosting the party, and a $25 gift card to Wal-Mart or Target prize to be given away to one of the group members.  The party will be hosted on a day chosen by Cafe Amber, in conjunction with the other "group challenge winners" from the month.
*The winner must be comfortable making Cafe Amber an admin of their group for the week of the party.
* The winner MUST be a CafeMom Group Resource Center group member.
* To join the Group Resource Center group click here: http://www.cafemom.com/group/102435
* Void where prohibited. No purchase necessary

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BowPerfect
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:02 PM

BowPerfect is in on this challenge, as always : ) I put challenge sign ups and deadlines on our calendar, that way people have a quick reference as to what is going on that week/month. I think its a great idea, i sometimes forget to update it though... that is something i need to work on as a GO, so thanks for this challenge!

shsteele05
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 12:34 AM

Television Shows and The CW Network...TV to Chat About groups are in.

We will be posting in the calendar the Premiere Dates of all TV shows. This way those that RSVP will have a reminder the day their show(s) premiere! We will also be posting any summer season finale episodes as well seeing as the first fall premiere isn't until Sept. 7th!!

Thanks,

Sandy

science_spot
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 6:20 AM

The Science Spot will work on this challenge.  In the past we have entered interesting science events and awareness things.  I haven't loaded anything in a while... let me have a look.

zeal4Him
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 11:23 AM

we use our calendar to track school field trip. mom all across texas have children in our school. we have 10 core areas and they all have fild trips. having them all in one place will be very helpful.

foistela
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 11:25 AM

My two groups below are in!

jellis
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Xbox Mommies is using our calender to know when new games are being released

Lilypie Baby Ticker

Lilypie - (g5i8)

1Giovanni
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 1:09 PM

Vampire Haven uses for birthdays, when contest sign up ends, when we have chat and any parties.

Not a Normal Christians, Cocktail Longe and Children with behavior issues use it for bdays and parites.

I really don't know if members even look at the Calender, most of the time I have remind them over and over again. BUt it is helpful for me to keep track with things.

Klynn-whitlow
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 10:50 PM

In "Ft Bragg Mommies" we use our calendar to mark birthdays, as well as parties/play dates or any event. We are a local group, so it makes it easy to see what is going on in the area.

asil
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 10:52 PM

oh sounds like fun... hard in my group, but we'll find a way... once i know what we are doing for sure, i'll come back and let you know!

Cairebaire
by on Sep. 3, 2010 at 6:02 PM

WE'RE IN!!!
Please include "Siggies N Divas "
in this next challenge!

Alrighty.... I've thought abt. this for a few moments - and have finally come up with something FUN (I hope!).... I can't just do the " same ol', same ol' ", yanno??  (You knowz me - gotta be different!  Plus!  By turning this into a "game", hopefully we'll get more participation.... AND! They might start answering more of those "Q & A" posts - if they haven't yet - so they could be "eligible" to possibly be the "Diva I'm talkin' about" - while they're simultaneously increasing our "reply stats" for the group.... Sneaky, eh??  Yea - I'm totally AWESOME like that!  Teeheehee!

So - here's the plan:  I'm going to make a post (later tonight) explaining that I've started a "NEW GAME".... I'm going to use our "Q & A" posts in the group (we have a TON!) & will start pulling out "hints" abt. the members who have answered the "Questionnaires"  (for a lack of a better name).... I will focus on ONE DIVA AT A TIME - and, the first "Diva" who figures out who I'm talkin' about will be crowned as the "Winner"!  And, then I'll "choose" another member - and start leaving hints abt. THAT Diva - until someone "solves the mystery" again!  Fun, right??  WOOT! WOOT!!

Below are some "examples" (that you'd see in the calendar):

9/3
- This Diva has blue eyes.  (Lots of choices so far.)

9/4 - This Diva owns a dog. (Ah ha!)

9/5 - This Diva loves Little Debbie Snacks. (Good to know.)

9/6 - This Diva lives in FL. (Narrowing down our choices now!)

9/7 - This Diva's DH (or SO) is named "Clayton".  (I GOT IT!!)

(Yea.... that Diva just so happens to be.... ME*!  LOL!)

I'm not 100% sure how many characters I can use in the calendar.... but, I'll figure it out & either "make it work" - or leave shorter "hints"  (perhaps leave off the words: "This Diva").... I'll mess around with it until I've figured out the best way to implement our new....

"Calendar Game... Diva-Style!!"

I hope I've explained everything properly.... I'll give more details in a couple of days & I'll let everyone know EXACTLY what I did & how it's going so far....

Thanks for giving us some more chances to win a Gift Card for our groups!!  Not only do these challenges get our wee brains a-thinkin' - it's also FUN - while having an "extra bonus" with a party & gift cards for our MEMBERS!!  WOOT!  WOOT!!  You ROCK!!  Take care & have a FANTABULOUS weekend!!  Hugglez!

~ Carrie*

P.S. ~ I forgot to mention that we currently use the calendar for birthday announcements & upcoming Profile Contest dates (which will begin on 9/6 since our "Summber Break" will be "officially over" by then). I just wanted to add another "game" to get more members looking at - and using - the calendar feature....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)