Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

New Group of the Week: Bored Moms Club

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2010 at 1:15 PM
  • 2 Replies

The Bored Mom's Club

Tell us a little about you- how long have you been a CafeMom member and what does your Screen name mean? My nickname has been butterfly because I have always been underweight so im fragile. the numbers 3 and 6 are my lucky numbers. and 2 stands for how many kids I have had..I just mistyped it lol. I have been on cafe mom for about a week now.

Give us the scoop on your group- what drove you to start it, and what is your vision for the group? I have always tried to be a leader not a follower I always wondered what moms would do on cafemom if they were so bored of their one catergorized group so my group is different. It have all these games, surveys, debates, hobbies meet and greets. It has everything for everyone and the fact that its growing is really nice. I think it be great for it to be a place where everyone knows each other which so far its getting to that point..I just hope for more activity later and great friendships to come out of it.

What areas are you having a hard time in with your group?  Is part of owning a group more challenging then you thought? It is really hard to get people interested we have tried a contest, have different games...but it seems to be the same people and not that much fun with only three or four people out of 28. Its kinda of easier than I thought but I am having trouble having links show up when I sent bulletins and its irritating.

What is one thing you hope your members will gain by being a part of your group? I want them to find great friendships...it would be really nice to know that when you come on there will be a friendly face I also want them to find someone that they can connect with on a higher level that would be an awesome feeling. Also want them to know they aren't alone and think of us as family.

by on Sep. 9, 2010 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
proudmommy690
by Member on Sep. 27, 2010 at 2:50 PM

you rock

sweet-a-kins
by Member on Dec. 15, 2011 at 11:59 AM

Thanks for posting!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN