Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Group of the Week: Tight Budget Mommies

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2010 at 1:17 PM
  • 1 Replies

Tight Budget Mommies

Tell us a little about you- how long have you been a CafeMom member and what does your Screen name mean?  My screen name means I am a mom to 3 kids (I haven't had anymore since I joined CM so the name still holds true). I joined CM when I got pregnant w/ my youngest so, about 4 years now.

Give us the scoop on your group- what drove you to start it, and what is your vision for the group?

I wanted to create a safe place for moms going through financial difficulties. There is another group that I am in that if someone posts anything regarding any form of PA (WIC, FS, being disabled & receiving SSI, etc) they are degraded & bashed. I wanted to open a group for those women to come & to help them get back to being financially stable, one step at a time.

What areas are you having a hard time in with your group?  Is part of owning a group more challenging then you thought?

Finding members. There are lots of women on here that are on one type of PA or another, but will respond more in polls than say "yes, I'm on PA", so it is hard to find out who's on it & needs help. 

What is one thing you hope your members will gain by being a part of your group?

Learning to budget, money saving tips, how to stretch their money, support from other PA moms,  and (hopefully) gain financial stability.

Do you have any other questions we can help you with? 

None at the moment, but I'll write back if I can think of any :)

by on Sep. 9, 2010 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
mom-to-3-kids
by on Sep. 21, 2010 at 3:47 PM

I was gone for a bit b/c of IRL things & just saw this! 

Thank you for featuring my group! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)