Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

Expert Group of the Week: Bon Temps Cafe

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2010 at 9:20 PM
  • 1 Replies

Bon Temps Cafe

How did you get your group to grow, and how do you keep your members active?

The most important thing to grow your group...is just spreading the word.  Have a siggy made and link it to your group.  Use it every where you can.  Post it on your page.  Have your admins use it and put it on their page.  Invite all your friends, your admins invite their friends etc.  The more active your group is, the more people will notice.  So you need to post post post.  And you and your admins reply to everything.  Also, do seraches for moms with similar interests and send them chatterbox invites.

How long have you been a group owner, and what made you want to start your group? 

I've owned a lot of groups over the last 3 years.  I love setting it up, organizing and watching it flourish.  Very rewarding.

What are your top three tips for someone just starting a group? 

Admins! the best thing you can do for your group is have dedicated admins.  It's best to have some that start the group with you....because they will be the most dedicated.  Never be afraid of having too many admins!  When first starting a group....you and your admins needs to start as many posts as you can....and reply to as many posts as possible.  The more active the groups is...the more people notice.

Be organized!  I have joined a gorup and left right away because it was all jumbled.  Know what you want your group to be about....and have a place for everything.  Also...making 1 or 2 sticky posts that are linked to important info is much better than having a thousand sticky posts.

Make you welcome message thorough.  Have important posts like rules, welcomes and important info etc. linked in your welcome post...so that new members feel informed.

Have games & contest....just for fun!  Let the prize be things like a siggy...a special title...being admin for a day and such.  If it's a photo contest...use your albums and you can also make the winning siggy your game avatar and things like that.  Most of the time members don't need big prizes...they just like to be noticed.

What do you think your members take away from their group experience while they are a part of your group?

They have fun.  They get away from their every day life....they make friends, gossip and enjoy common interests. 

Anything else you would like to share with us?

I'd be happy to answer any other questions and help:)

by on Sep. 16, 2010 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
tvschiulaz
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2010 at 9:03 AM

Congrats ladies!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)