Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

Most Friends Group of the Week: Through the Looking Glass

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2010 at 10:03 PM
  • 6 Replies

Through the Looking Glass

Share with us a little about you-- how long have you been a CafeMom member, and what does your screen name mean?

Hi!  I'm Sara and I'm a CafeMomaholic.  I don't know anything better to be addicted too, though lol, do you?  I joined this group 2 years ago in hopes of meeting some like minded momma's and making some friends.  I was lucky, I stumbled into an incredible group of women, finding not just friends, but a lost part of myself as well.

Ahhh...the screen name.  We'll start with the easy part, lol.  As a whole, it stands for Shattered Princess.  The meaning of my name is Princess and its a nickname I've carried around for years.  The shattered...how often do we feel that way as we take the bumps and bruises life throws our way?  "Often shattered, Never Broken." One of my motto's for me.  I may not be whole and perfect, but the super glued pieces of my soul are more interesting to me anyway LOL.

Now, tell us a little about your group- how long have you owned it, and what made you start it?

Through the Looking Glass is a place where reality meets fantasy and your imagination is the only limit you have.  Put together about a year and a half ago by myself and my writing partner and best friend, Amorentia, we worked to create a place where imagination could reign supreme.  What it's become is so much more than we ever could have hoped for.  Not only filled with amazing stories, fun games, great get to know you's, and a terrific blend of fact and fiction, TTLG (as we fondly call it) is overflowing with incredible women who read, write, play, and take the time to share themselves and their encouragement with one another.

Is your groups primary focus friendships?   

Our primacy focus I guess would be creativity and open mindedness.  Allowing any individual to step foot into our fantasy world with the knowledge that someone there is going to welcome you with open arms.  From there, I think friendships naturally follow.  You get a chance to see the inner workings of a persons mind, from the sad to the silly.  You learn them through the things they write, the songs they listen too, the games they play and the compassion they show.  Once you see who they are, You can't really help but love them for it.

What do you do in your group to encourage friendships to be made?

We play, lol.  Seriously, the group that plays together, stays together.  We encourage interaction from games, to writing activities, to crazy questions, and zany chats.  We invite you to share your mind, your life story, or just your comments. 

What do you think your members take away from their group experience while they are a part of your group?

Hopefully a sense of having been amongst friends, even if they are only the imaginary ones found in your favorite story.  TTLG is a getaway from the real world.  A few minutes to step outside of yourself and into someone else's shoe's.  Maybe we'll make you laugh, maybe we'll make you cry, but if we're doing it right, while your there, we make you feel. 

Are there any other tips you would like to give a group that might just be starting out?

Your the soul of your group.  The passion and positivity you put into it is going to spread to your members, who are it's heart.  You have to set the tone of how you want it to be.  If your going and your having fun and your enjoying yourself, it's going to show.  If it's an effort and your groaning through it, that's gonna show too.  Your group is what you make of it.

Thank you so much for selecting TTLG as a group to highlight.  It really is packed with amazing women and it has a feel and fire all it's own!

by on Sep. 17, 2010 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MaitriTracks
by on Sep. 22, 2010 at 12:19 PM

you rockGreat info! 

Amorentia
by on Sep. 22, 2010 at 12:20 PM

TTLG is a great place to be! Check it out!

nickolyn
by on Sep. 22, 2010 at 11:47 PM

wtg Sara!!

tvschiulaz
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2010 at 11:42 AM

Congrats ladies!  Hope it brings you members this week.

shtteredprnces
by New Member on Sep. 25, 2010 at 11:12 PM

Thank you so much ladies!  Honestly, TTLG is just a great place to be and more fun than you should be able to have online lol.  I have some of the greatest girls on CM!  I hope we see some of you drop in and check us out!

FrenchGrey
by on Sep. 25, 2010 at 11:12 PM

The best writing/fiction group on CM. Nobody else comes close. Amazing ladies and awesome stories....I feel lucky to have found them! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)