Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

Most Friends Group of the Week: The Young Mothers Clubâ„¢

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2010 at 10:11 PM
  • 0 Replies

The Young Mothers Clubâ„¢

Tell us a little about you- how long have you been a CafeMom member and what does your Screen name mean?

I've been a member of CM since March of 2009. My screen name is a phrase from a shirt I bought in Las Vegas manyyyyyy years ago, I guess it just sort of stuck.

Give us the scoop on your group- what drove you to start it, and what is your vision for the group?

I'm the groups current owner, but I did not start this group. My very best friend is the original owner of the group. She started the group because she was inspired by Vicki Iovines books that create "The Girlfriends Guide." The core of the group is based on friends and support created by closeness and honesty (just like the reader felt in Iovines books). I've taken over ownership of the group since Cristine (BellaRose17)  has been without internet since May

Yes our groups primary focus is friendship. They are real, solid, concrete friendships. We don't force our members to go on adding sprees of members just to rank higher.  We do have so much more to offer than just friendship though, there is a lot of fun to be had. We have games, contests, a point system, custom signatures, and oh so much more.

What areas are you having a hard time in with your group?  Is part of owning a group more challenging then you thought?

Firstly, we have members go through "Girlfriend Orientation" which is when they make a post in each forum in the group. Through those posts we get to know them better and they will recieve a big welcome from all the active members telling them their names, ages, location, children, and spouse information. We don't require anyone to introduce themselves, making friends is a big part of why we're here. We put up many surveys and games that help getting to know each other and becoming friends. One game we have are the ISpy game, in which we "spy" something in another girlfriends profile or avatar. It really makes you have to look at someone. Other games will ask you to find a member with 2 kids under 2, or a daughter over 5 or the same age as you, or in your state. Many of us have met other members in the group in real life now, and there are plans in the making for next year too. We also make sure that every single post recieves at the very least one reply, no one deserves to feel ignored.

What is one thing you hope your members will gain by being a part of your group?

I think our members take away a sense of safety and support more than anything else. We've become a tight knit safe haven for all of our members. We're not just a support group but its a huge contributing factor as to why we've been so successful.

Do you have any other questions we can help you with?

As I was not the original creator of this group I feel like I don't have any tips to give to new group owners. I took control of the group while it was well along and set up. I will however wish them all the luck in the world and hope that they get something useful out of all the information I've already given you :)

by on Sep. 17, 2010 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN