Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

Expert Group of the Week: Sewing Diaper Divas

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2010 at 8:10 PM
  • 1 Replies

Sewing Diaper Divas

How did you get your group to grow, and how do you keep your members active?

I don't take credit for it growing - that should go to the group's awesome admins who help keep things organized, run the various activities, and play an equal part in making decisions. We work as a team, and what they do for the group is just as important as my role. Our activities are part of what keeps members active; who doesn't like getting a surprise? There's always something new to learn, so the advice and encouragement offered is very important too.

How long have you been a group owner, and what made you want to start your group?

I've been a group owner for about 4 months. I didn't start Sewing Diaper Divas, but I took over ownership because I enjoyed the group so much and wanted to see it thrive.

What are your top three tips for someone just starting a group? 

I'm not sure on this one, since I've never started a group. My approach to running one thus far has been to make myself available, do my best to ensure every question gets answered, and keep our information and links as organized and up-to-date as possible.

What do you think your members take away from their group experience while they are a part of your group?

I think the biggest thing people take away from our group is the excitement of sharing something we enjoy. Sewing diapers can seem like a pretty daunting task to a beginner, but they get the knowledge and advice of those who have more experience and - I hope - an increased confidence that they can sew, and with practice become very good at it.

Anything else you would like to share with us?

Not that I can think of. We're a pretty straight-forward group =)

by on Oct. 6, 2010 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
tvschiulaz
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2010 at 11:17 PM

Congratulations ladies!  HOpe this is a great week for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)