Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

Rising Star of the Week: Book Haven

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2010 at 8:03 PM
  • 3 Replies

Book Haven

How long have you been a group owner, and what made you want to start your group?

I am a new group owner to Book Haven. However, the group has been around since January of 2009. I am passionate about books and have always loved to read. Book Haven quickly became one of my favorite book groups and I was so excited when group ownership was offered to me. 

What are your top three tips for someone just starting a group? 

Pick a theme that you are passionate about. This way you will have lots to share and talk about. Post, post, post, and post some more. Keep thinking of good conversation starters and make sure that you post them frequently. Lastly, find something no matter how small that helps you to stand out from the other groups on CafeMom. 

What things do you think you did to get your group on the Rising Stars list? 

I think it was just keeping the ball rolling with new posts and topics of conversation. Having a book of the month is something ongoing that keeps our members interest as well. 

What do you think your members take away from their group experience while they are a part of your group?

A sense of community. Sharing our passions with other who feel similarly about it. Every conversation post gets a reply. 

Anything else you would like to share with us?

If you love to discuss books please join us! We talk about everything from Paranormal fiction, Classic & Contemporary fiction to Non-fiction, and Young Adult Fiction. We will soon have a forum for other entertainment as well such as TV shows, Movies, Games, and more!

by on Oct. 8, 2010 at 8:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
tvschiulaz
by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2010 at 6:20 PM

congrats ladies, I hope it got you some new membershiip and activity!

Saprena
by on Oct. 25, 2010 at 6:21 PM

Great job and congratulations!!

Come stop by my loving sisterhood of Marriage, Mental Health & Addictions.
www.cafemom.com/group/112038
See you in there!!

Saprena

ilovecookies
by on Mar. 15, 2011 at 2:06 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)