Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

Rising Star of the Week: FRIENDS INC.

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2010 at 9:25 PM
  • 3 Replies

FRIENDS INC

How long have you been a group owner, and what made you want to start your group?
Our group is 5 weeks old. It started with a disagreement with a friend on Cafemom, a apology and both of us being told by another group owner we could not be friends so we were removed from the group. After talking we decided we needed to form a group based on friendship. We don't allow any bashing,drama,unkind words or high school antics. We are all moms and have the same mom issues but what we all need is a BFF, a best friend forever. And it really works. 

What are your top three tips for someone just starting a group?
Check thought bubbles for needs, be organized and have co-owners who believe in the concept and work hard to make it work.

What things do you think you did to get your group on the Rising Stars list?
We found a need for friendship where a bond really forms. We stop by chatterboxes weekly to say hi and offer a kind word. There is no drama and members all feel equal. We looked at thought bubbles and contacted moms looking for friendship without judgement. We listen and answer all posts daily. 

What do you think your members take away from their group experience while they are a part of your group?
We know they value the friendship and the support we offer. Everyday they come to find new things to talk about and kindness. We believe in random acts of kindness.

Anything else you would like to share with us?
I have been on here awhile and sometimes find people being very harsh to others. I wanted a place where women could go and find others who want friendship without judgement. It really is a very special place with outstanding ladies who I have learned to love in a very short time and I am proud to call my friends.

by on Oct. 8, 2010 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
doll2660
by on Oct. 27, 2010 at 2:29 PM
Thank you Cafe Amber from all of us at FRIENDS INC. If anyone is looking for friendship without bashing, drama or high school antics come see us.

tvschiulaz
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Congratulations ladies.  I hope this is a great week for you!

momtoonein06
by on Apr. 5, 2011 at 3:10 PM

Yay. We Rock. Of all the groups I joined, I found this was one of the best groups on Cafemom. Thank you Jen (Doll2660) for inviting me to this group last year August 2010. 

Are you looking for a DRAMA FREE group, click the siggy to join. Let them know I sent you. Its a great support group. Lots of fun things to do, many games to play to win prizes, either win a siggy or something small sent in the mail. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)