Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

Rising Star of the Week: Crafters in need of a 12 Step Program

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2010 at 8:17 PM
  • 3 Replies

Crafters in need of a 12 Step Program

How long have you been a group owner, and what made you want to start your group?

We JUST celebrated our first birthday this October 15th,2010. What made me decide to form a group was I worked at JoAnn Fabrics for 6 years,then moved out of state with no store to transfer to-I was going through craft "withdrawal",and decided if I can't weekly go to work at a craft store-I could start a group and talk about crafts, inspire others,and be inspired by other crafters

What are your top three tips for someone just starting a group? 

Start a group about what you know and love.

Be helpful to those within your group

Choose a great admin team,and work TOGETHER as a team.

What things do you think you did to get your group on the Rising Stars list? 

We're active,We're fun,We're creative-These are all things I believe helped us to get on the Rising Stars list.

What do you think your members take away from their group experience while they are a part of your group?

Laughter!!!! We may be a crafts group-but we all seem to share a great sense of humor :)

Anything else you would like to share with us?

Honestly I think the "intro" (description) to our group basically covers "Who" we are. Yes...We are crafters,but we share lots of giggles,Off topic posts,recipes...We inspire each other,we leave the group with a smile after checking in,alot of members on an every day basis.The group is welcome to all-even the ones who say "Oh...I'm not crafty"-We have something for everyone and every skill level. I really enjoy out group-I believe it shows!!!!

by on Oct. 20, 2010 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
tvschiulaz
by Bronze Member on Nov. 3, 2010 at 10:27 AM

congratulations ladies!

michiganmom116
by on Nov. 3, 2010 at 10:32 AM

I'm a member of that group and I gotta say a HUGE thanks to the GO and admins!  They are fantastic!

ZsMommy
by on Nov. 4, 2010 at 9:20 PM

And a HUGE THANK YOU back to our FANTASTIC MEMBERS (such as Rhonda who always has wonderful tips to share and ideas to inspire)

Thank you CafeAmber for featuring our group :)

thank you

Quoting michiganmom116:

I'm a member of that group and I gotta say a HUGE thanks to the GO and admins!  They are fantastic!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN