Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

Rising Star of the Week: Marriage, Mental Health and Addictions

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2010 at 8:20 PM
  • 0 Replies

Marriage, Mental Health and Addictions

How long have you been a group owner, and what made you want to start your group? I have been an owner for 32 days. I started my group because these are issues in my life and I feel that God led me here to share in a loving supportive way with others like me. My goal is to help each of us cope a little more, share...which allows us to reduce stres in our lives.

What are your top three tips for someone just starting a group? Have some knowledge of what your group is about and what direction you want it to head in.

Stay very active in your group and get to know your members.

Use GRC to promote your group and add a signature with a one liner with your link to your page.

What things do you think you did to get your group on the Rising Stars list? Staying active daily in the group, posting and responding to the group. Keeping in touch with my members who haven't been active. Keeping some of the posts simple and fun. Promoting my group through GRC, chatterbox and messaging other moms each day.

What do you think your members take away from their group experience while they are a part of your group? Love, sisterhood, support and the understanding that they are not alone.

Anything else you would like to share with us?

I love cafemom and it's members! We bring a sense of "self" here and with the safety of knowing that we share amoung our gender peers. It is so wonderful for us to destress ourselves from everyday life here. Connecting with others and creating bonded friendships and sisterhoods. This is why I am here and this too is why my group has been designed.

thanks

Come stop by my loving sisterhood of Marriage, Mental Health & Addictions.
www.cafemom.com/group/112038
See you in there!!

Saprena

by on Oct. 20, 2010 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)