Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

New Group of the Week: Moms Against GMOs

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2010 at 10:18 PM
  • 2 Replies

Moms Against GMOs

Tell us a little about you- how long have you been a CafeMom member and what does your Screen name mean?

I've been on CM since June '07.  I choose the name roxy1stmommy because I was a 1st time mom but now I think of it more as that I'm 1st a mommy.

Give us the scoop on your group- what drove you to start it, and what is your vision for the group?

GMO: Genetically Modified Organisms 

I had been thinking about started a group like this for a while, I even made a website called Mom's Against GMOs. But when I had a fellow mom massage me about starting a group about GMO awareness I knew it had to be a sign. So moderndayhippy and I are co-owner of the group. Really our vision for the group is to educate people on what GMOs are and what they can do to our health. We also want to keep people updated on news about GM foods, what's being released or new studies that have been done.

What areas are you having a hard time in with your group?  Is part of owning a group more challenging then you thought?

People haven't been posting a whole lot.  I'm thinking about adding a general food forum for recipes, tips and other questions not directly related to GM foods. 

I've owned other groups for a few years now and what I've seen is that in the beginning interest is really high then post go down and numbers go down.  However, the groups that I own are pretty specific groups not so generalized. So I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

What is one thing you hope your members will gain by being a part of your group?

To make better decisions for their health and the health of their families and to make it as least stressful as possible.  Whenever you change the way you eat you really need to change your mind set of how you look at food.

Do you have any other questions we can help you with?

Can't think of anything right now, but I'll let you know.

by on Nov. 3, 2010 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
roxy1stmommy
by on Nov. 21, 2010 at 2:22 PM

Thank you for featuring our group! I hope that everyone can learn a lot.

rswanson.mymarkstore.com

tvschiulaz
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2010 at 9:57 PM

Congrats to you ladies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)