Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

Coolpixs Photo Contest

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2010 at 8:27 PM
  • 0 Replies

Coolpixs Photo Contest

How did you get your group to grow, and how do you keep your members active?

I'm not entirely positive how the group has grown so big. Member's have helped alot by inviting there friends and spreading the word. We also leave chatter box notes, and use signatures where ever possible. The member's stay active here because there is always so much to do. We offer so many different types of contests as well as games and learning forums. It's hard not to come back and visit.

How long have you been a group owner, and what made you want to start your group?

I have been a group owner since march of 2009 when I opened Coolpixs. I started the group after becoming bored with other groups that didn't offer the things I wanted to participate in.

What are your top three tips for someone just starting a group? 

Tips. Well first and foremost, you must have a great admin team, without them, your group will fail. Also listen to what the members have to say and try to add things that they want to see in the group. After all if the members are not happy, than your group will falter Lastly, if you are nice and fair to everyone, people will respect you. They will come back and they will spread the word about your group. Always try to make everyone feel welcome. Use their first names instaed of screen names, put up "about me" posts and let the member's tell you who they are and what they like. Make everyone feel like they belong and that they are apart of your photo family, by doing so, you can never fail.

What do you think your members take away from their group experience while they are a part of your group?

I have many members that have been with Coolpixs since it opened. My photography and learning forums have done wonders for them and I know they have been put to use every time I see there photos. Not only have they learned and used the information in my group, they each have applied it and became better at photography as well as editing. They also are not afraid to ask questions and are eager to learn. With all the different types of photographers we have, each member has a substantial amount of photos they view throughout the contests as well as voting. By doing so they are learning from other members and also enjoying the group. This is my goal. To help everyone take that perfect photo and create a memory that last forever with clear, crisp, quality.

Anything else you would like to share with us?

Coolpixs is a really great group. We have amazing admins, and wonderful members. Without either we wouldn't be the group we are today. Everyone is welcome to come by, check us out and be apart of our photo family. If you love to photograph or want to become better, than Coolpixs is the group for you.

by on Dec. 8, 2010 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)