Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

The Shadow Box

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2010 at 8:57 PM
  • 0 Replies

The Shadow Box

Share with us a little about you-- how long have you been a CafeMom member, and what does your screen name mean?
I am a mom to 3 daughters my screen name is an initial of each of their first names. I've been with CM since May 2007.

Now, tell us a little about your group- how long have you owned it, and what made you start it?
I have owned the group now since August of 2008. Several ladies of another larger group we belonged in as members and admins. asked me to make a smaller group, as they including myself, didn't care for the larger group it's very hard to get to know everyone on an indiviual bases or the drama that came along with it.

Is your groups primary focus friendships?
Yes it is, we pride our group on friends meeting friends, meeting others friends and friendships growing.  

What do you do in your group to encourage friendships to be made?
Members are encouraged to invite other friends they've made here in Cm to join us, in the SB. We do group activities in the group & we also welcome everyone to post and reply.

What do you think your members take away from their group experience while they are a part of your group?
They know, they always have a friend to lean on, vent with, have support, have fun, act silly, just be themselves.  It is a given no matter how long for whatever reason they may not be able to join us, we are always here for them, not only in the group but outside the group as well.

Are there any other tips you would like to give a group that might just be starting out?
Get to know your members, make everyone feel comfortable, try to keep things fresh within the group as much as possible.

by on Dec. 8, 2010 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN