Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

Nightmare Bride Factory

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2011 at 9:55 PM
  • 9 Replies

Nightmare Bride Factory

Tell us a little about you- how long have you been a CafeMom member and what does your Screen name mean?
It is a combination of Nightmare Before Christmas, and Corpse Bride. 
I have been a member almost three years.

Give us the scoop on your group- what drove you to start it, and what is your vision for the group?  I wanted a place where Tim Burton and Quentin Tarantino fans could come together and have a different and interesting place to hang out. NBF is Burton and Tarantino themed so members are able to express themselves through the characters they choose.  They get to pick a title to use under their avatar and request siggies with their chosen character. It's not all about movies though, our most active forum is Sleepy Hollow (chit-chat), where we talk about a little of everything. We are a close group of friends and a great group of girls to get to know. I want the group to be a place where everyone can share their lives, get support, and be entertained.  Most of all a place to find lifelong friends. 

NBF also has a food and health forum (Corpse Room) as well as a game forum (Entertainment Room)

NBF is uncensored which allows for more adult conversation and an edgier attitude(we do adhere to CM TOS).  Seeing as how both Burton and Tarantino both go against the grain and are a little demented you'll find them members aren't like the ones you find in the sugary sweet groups.  We are more alternative (think piercings, tattoos, heavy metal, and a lot of cursing)

We're constantly changing and improving, so now is a great time to join and be part of the beginning stages.

What areas are you having a hard time in with your group?  Is part of owning a group more challenging then you thought?  
So far we haven't had any major problems.  I've owned several groups so I'm implementing what has worked for me in the past. I guess the hardest thing is coming up with forum names and helping members pick a title (too many possibilities)

What is one thing you hope your members will gain by being a part of your group?  A reason to come to CM. 

Do you have any other questions we can help you with?  
Well, as far as running the group, I would like to be able to have temporary admin buttons (where we can determine ourselves what they'd be able to do; for example I wouldn't want them to be able to accept or remove members).  I also would like a head admin and regular admin forum if that's possible.  It would be good if we could feature more than one post as well and be able to have our own group background and colors (kinda like profile themes).

by on Jan. 4, 2011 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
NightmareBride
by on Jan. 6, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Click on the siggy below to go to the group..!

sweetheart1985
by on Jan. 6, 2011 at 11:42 AM

I've been on CafeMom for almost four years now, and this group is the one I spend all my time in now. The women in there are just awesome, and we've all got great chemistry going, but we're not so tight knit that others couldn't easily fit in with us!

Just when I thought I was getting bored with CM, I found this group. Couldn't have found a more perfect fit for me!

sterlingmomof2
by on Jan. 6, 2011 at 6:55 PM

I have been on cafemom since 2007.  I love NBF and think the ladies there rock!

.MadHatter.
by on Jan. 6, 2011 at 9:36 PM

Best group I've ever been in!

cassieerin
by on Jan. 7, 2011 at 12:12 AM

CONSTANTLY something going on - usually fun & crazy at that!!   :D

Anime727
by on Jan. 8, 2011 at 1:12 AM

I love I dont have to see a "drama" post every 5 seconds. This is my favorite group.

.MadHatter.
by on Jan. 9, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Purple.Rain
by on Jan. 10, 2011 at 11:19 PM

Well.. I must say.. it started out ok.. However many of us are now in Charmed..

.MadHatter.
by on Jan. 13, 2011 at 8:51 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)