Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

**Yes!!! I Smoke!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2011 at 10:36 PM
  • 0 Replies

**Yes!!! I Smoke!

Share with us a little about you-- how long have you been a CafeMom member, and what does your screen name mean?

I've been a member now for over three years.  My screen name started out as a reflection of my personality.  I'm a smoker, and i smoke menthol cigarettes.  I'm also a mom of three, so i put the two together and got mentholmom.

Now, tell us a little about your group- how long have you owned it, and what made you start it? 

I started the 'Yes!! I smoke' group about three years ago.  I started it because I saw so many moms wanted to discuss tobacco issues open and objectively.

Is your groups primary focus friendships?  
Yes.  That and education and awareness to help smoking moms network. 

What do you do in your group to encourage friendships to be made?

Well, we have the common bond of the smoking lifestyle.  Because smoking mothers get ostracized so much in the real world, we form a tight bond and share other interests as well.  The group isn't just discussions about how tobacco issues affect us.  It's so much more.

What do you think your members take away from their group experience while they are a part of your group?

The members of the group take with them more care and loving support for each other, especially pregnant smokers.  An expectant mother who smokes, needs support if she chooses to smoke during her pregnancy.  Pregnancy in most cases can be an emotional roller-coaster.  We give all the support we can to help them with the "special" issues they face as a smoker.

Are there any other tips you would like to give a group that might just be starting out? 

Well, the best advice I can give is to make sure you have a good staff that is willing to work for the group.  The staff must understand what the mission of the group is.  They must share in getting the word out about the group also.  An owner must delegate the responsibilities and at the same time leave the admins to be autonomous. 

by on Jan. 27, 2011 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)