Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Siggy Spy??

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:40 PM
  • 17 Replies

Ok so I had posted about looking for admins,designers & promoters and not 10 minutes after posting I recieved an email from a CherryBlossom who simply said "

Are you looking for designers?  I switched cafemom names tonight but have a few samples of what i can do....

I looked at her samples, simple,clean, nothing to dramatic. So I agreed she'd be a good addition and added her.

I email her today after seeing she has been logging in the group daily but not posting offers or even setting up her forum. no reply from her instead she left the group without even a note of why.

talking with a few siggy friends they informed me that there are "siggy spy's"? ok well how can you tell if it's a trick?

PS I saved the emails between us if that helps

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AzariahsMother
by Graphic Love on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:39 PM

Great question Florence because I have wanted to know as well.  Hope someone answers you.

Purple.Rain
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:11 PM

That's why I'm weary of new profiles who ask to admin.. 

Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2011 at 7:56 AM

that's weird.   I don't know what people would gain from doing that.   I guess no original thought in their heads?

LindaSapphire
by Member on Feb. 21, 2011 at 9:44 AM

That's sad - why would someone say they want to do siggys and then do that. I'd block her from your group so she can't come back in. Sorry that happened to you.

raurismomma07
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 1:42 PM

Never knew there was such a thing...

mistynights234
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 1:57 PM

What is a siggy spy?  Like a copyright spy? 

Purple.Rain
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 6:40 PM

Quoting mistynights234:

She probably wanted to see how the group was set up.. you know.. the tag lines.. group settings.. how the admin forum was set up.. admin requirements.. how active the members were.. all that.. then copy it to her new group..

mistynights234
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 6:44 PM

Really LOL?  My gosh lol the things people will do. I dont have the energy to even think of this stuff lol.  Thanks for answering.

Quoting Purple.Rain:

Quoting mistynights234:

She probably wanted to see how the group was set up.. you know.. the tag lines.. group settings.. how the admin forum was set up.. admin requirements.. how active the members were.. all that.. then copy it to her new group..

fallnangel3
by on Feb. 22, 2011 at 9:24 AM

I've owned siggy groups for at least 3 years.  I've notice that this started happening recently, I've also had "new" siggy group owners recruiting designers from my groups.

darkeyedmom
by on Feb. 22, 2011 at 9:33 AM

Yeah, that would make sense. I was going to say, why would anyone  do that because there are other peoples names on them. Some people huh???

Quoting Cenedra64:

that's weird.   I don't know what people would gain from doing that.   I guess no original thought in their heads?

Robin-New moon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)