Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

Sisters in Spirit

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 11:47 PM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

Sisters in Spirit

How did you get your group to grow, and how do you keep your members active?

I think much of our initial growth happened through chatterbox messages about the group to new CafeMom members.  Then as members join and become active in the group, it just kind of spreads.

Our members stay active in a variety of different ways as different methods appeal more to different people.  We have the small simple questions and conversations for those popping in for simple "mind numbing" but fun conversation each day.  We have a forum set aside for those who just need to come in and listen to Christian music or discuss movies with a Christian moral whenever their soul needs to be uplifted.  But we also take part in much deeper Biblical and conversations many of which are brought about by members seeking Biblical or God honoring answers.

From time to time we play games, have contests and/or give aways often and very importantly we pray together and for one another consistently.  There is very often a biblically based study taking place which many people take part in.  They are always saved into a post so anyone can easily come back to them at any time.  We are currently involved in a study of the Power of a Praying Wife, the book written by Stormie Omartan.

We discuss many aspects our life as Moms and always keep Christ in the center.  Though no one stays active in everything, we do have something for everyone.

How long have you been a group owner, and what made you want to start your group?

I have been the owner of Sisters In Spirit now for 2 years.  The original group owner had started the group the year before.  After a year she found she could no longer be involved in CafeMom but I had grown to care very deeply care about this (at that time very small) group and the women in it. So I inherited it.  It has gone through much growth, many changes and has completely thrived.

What are your top three tips for someone just starting a group?

1.  Get the name of your group out any way you can~through your friends, messages, chatterboxes or any other way you can.

2.  Be ready to enlist trusted people who share the values of the group to help you as admins.  Admins working with you are very important to a groups success.

3.  Be aware that growing a successful group takes lots of time.

What do you think your members take away from their group experience while they are a part of your group?

I think and hope our members feel the love of God from others while they are in the group and will take that out with them in their family life and their lives both in CafeMom as well as where they live.

Anything else you would like to share with us?

ღ We are a vibrant group of active women of all ages and lifestyles who love the Lord Jesus and look to honor Him in our lives through everything we do. In this group we discuss and learn about a little of everything but most importantly we PRAY for and with one another. We recognize that Jesus is our rock and the one true help in all situations of life. We encourage and continually seek a stronger understanding of God's word as we read the Bible daily and study different aspects of it in some forums. We have fun games and discussions about all of life's events as

WE WORK TOGETHER TO FULFILL GOD'S PURPOSE FOR OUR LIVES. ღ

by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Cenedra64
by on Mar. 6, 2011 at 11:45 AM

I really enjoyed your group. Very active and you put a lot of work into it. Congrats and job well done :)

VanillaLatteLvr
by on Mar. 7, 2011 at 6:35 PM

It's an awesome & amazing group. So thankful we have SIS!

happy

cjsix
by Member on Mar. 7, 2011 at 7:06 PM

Sisters in Spirit is a wonderful faithfilled group of Moms who care about and support each other in good time and when life gets difficult.It is a terrific place to make new friends who are also growing closer to God each day.

Stephanies5
by on Mar. 8, 2011 at 10:04 AM

Thank You all for your kind words about Sisters In Spirit.  I hope many will come check it out and join with us we strive to live the life God wants us to live.

Click on my siggy to follow me to:
Sister's In Spirit,
Where we work together
to fulfill God's purpose for our lives.

Ricanmami1
by on Mar. 15, 2011 at 1:08 PM

well i just made my first group hopefully it will go ok i did alot of post that are fun or ok to make my group not so boring so will see what happens

Meldisse
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 1:09 AM
Hello. i would like to join your group. but i only have use of internet on my phone right now. would you please send me an invite or a group link. thanks God Bless
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN