Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Siggy Maker

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:11 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hey ladies,

Have this happened to any of you? We had alady who wanted to be a siggy maker so we made her one and since then she hasnt even been to the group? So i'm thinking i need to find another one!

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lapizz
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:24 PM

This is not the first time I have seen this happen and discussed in this group. I'm thinking that you siggy groups need an admin only group - to figure who is applying, stealing ideas and leaving - to warn the other groups...JMO...

Rabe
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:15 PM

BUMP!

plstrm
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:31 PM

I'm curious if she did it to steal or just maybe that she got overwhelmed with the admin differences then a member. I know that I did when I started out at first but now I try to warn(let) them know that on the left side there is help for them to know the special keys & difference between the two.(admin & member)

sweetyesma
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:35 PM

I had someone offered to be a siggy designer for my group but she only popped in once or twice and never did a thing

Rabe
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 11:28 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fallnangel3
by on Mar. 4, 2011 at 8:10 AM

was this for a siggy group or you have a siggy designer for a regular group?

Rabe
by on Mar. 4, 2011 at 10:59 AM

a siggy designer for a regular group

Quoting fallnangel3:

was this for a siggy group or you have a siggy designer for a regular group?

VTHaven
by on Mar. 5, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Happens more than you know. Sorry for your trouble.

FlowerLilyDaisy
by on Mar. 5, 2011 at 11:37 AM

I am a siggy designer and make it a point to come into the groups I design for at least twice a week.

Just to let everyone know: it's a lot of WORK making siggies. And lets mention the hassel of making sure your work is copyright compliant. It takes me at least 5 to 10 hours of work to include research behind each siggy I offer before I can even offer it.

I've had some of my requesters remove the copyright symbol from the image they give me, thinking I will just use that image without first searching for it on the web to safe guard myself and them from a lawsuit from the original artist. Having a siggy which is not copyright compliant can cause the holder of that siggy to be slapped with a lawsuit and or removed from cafe mom.

Being a siggy designer is not an easy job and we have to pay money to the original artists for the images we use.  

Just thought I would let those who don't know what goes on behind the work you have in your signatures. You just can't take a picture you like and add your name to it.

The designers who leave or who don't do it are most likely overwhelmed by all the laws and restrictions they have to deal with. Most everyone doesn't realize we pay money to be able to use the images we use.

Thanks for understanding.

So, you might ask, why do I design?

It's a BLAST! Love it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)