Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I get people interested in the group

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:58 PM
  • 9 Replies

I have a weather group. Which is where you can come in and talk about the weather and tell stories and get weather facts. Well I have 5 people in my group and this includes me! I have been posting in here...and no one seems to want to join. I dont get it. I have strict no drama rules, so there will be no drama in the group. and I have positions open as a Group Council, which will be the ones who hand out verbal, written, and final warnings for not following the rules. So it is a real laid back group. What can I do to bring more people in? I have recently changed the name because I thought the other one may be just steering people out.

Any advice?

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Liansmommie
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:34 PM

I think you have a great idea for a group. It may just take time to get people into it. Be active all over with your signature and use the mom search to find moms with an interest in your subject and send invites or chatter messages. Your group is an excellent candidate for journal promotion since everyone loves to talk about the weather. Find a topic a week to make into a journal and post it with an invite to the goup snuck in at the end. You can even use a post from your group and expand on it.  Journals take some time to build a following as well though. You can also chatter new CM members. This has real potential for a niche group.

Hellokitty06
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:42 PM

you got me! just applied

MoversShakers
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 11:34 AM

Maybe it's just because your group is about a very specific subject.  The more specific the subject of the group, the less people it's going to attract.

The first thing to do would be to get the members you currently have as active as possible.  Be sure to also promote your group using journals and invites, too.  There is a science group on Cafemom.  Maybe you'll find some amateur meteorologists there.

Cullen.Girlie.
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Oh thanks ladies! Those are great ideas. I always forget that meteorology and science are tied together LOL!

CastAwayClutter
by on Mar. 30, 2011 at 5:11 PM

I agree that your topic is very specific, so you have to find people like you who are interested in this topic.  It does take a while to build a group.  One thing that helps in mine is to ask questions and that helps to get the conversation going.  Also, journaling on the group may help too.  If you're on social media on Twitter or Facebook, you can also use those to bring more people in and ask them to spread the word.  Best of luck!

Jacquie

The Organized Mommy Group Owner

chassity
by on Mar. 30, 2011 at 10:48 PM

Do you have anything fun in your group?  Like games or something other than the chati chat about weather that can bring people in?  When I'm joining a group, especially when it's something that is sorta outside of what I'm really looking for, I prefer it have something fun to do as well!  :)

sassymomntx1961
by on Mar. 31, 2011 at 1:41 AM

Do you play any of the games on CM like road trip or supermom powers.When you to a moms profile to look for what you need hit thier chatter box and do an invite.I also friend invite moms from my state or in the same situation as me.

Cullen.Girlie.
by on Mar. 31, 2011 at 10:40 AM
Thank you ladies! I've never played those games....but ima start playing games and having games in my group!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liansmommie
by on Mar. 31, 2011 at 5:17 PM

Quoting Cullen.Girlie.:

Thank you ladies! I've never played those games....but ima start playing games and having games in my group!

They are a fun way to visit other profiles and leaving chatters when you visit even if you don't advertise your group can bring traffic back to your page where you can have group widgets waiting for them to see. Just having the game and holiday widgets on your profile will bring traffic to your profile and group widgets.

Read Our Journal Daily For CM Tips and Tutorials
Find A Group or Promote One In
Our
Group Guide Directory
Read Group Reviews before you join
If you have any CafeMom questions, don't hesitate to ask. 
~~I'm New Here @ CM Owner

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)