Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

The Melting Pot

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2011 at 11:55 AM
  • 0 Replies

The Melting Pot

Tell us a little about you- how long have you been a CafeMom member and what does your Screen name mean? I have been a cafemom member for almost a year. alicia.bear is kind of a pet name for me. My name is Alicia, and my DH will sometimes call me Alicia Bear. (He is Treavor Bear)

Give us the scoop on your group- what drove you to start it, and what is your vision for the group? I decided to start this group, because it seemed that most people couldn't have a civil conversation about differing opinions without arguing and calling eachother names. My vision for this group is to have a place where people can discuss and learn from people who think differently from them calmly and without making haste judgements.

What areas are you having a hard time in with your group?  Is part of owning a group more challenging then you thought? I am mainly having a difficult time making my group active. I have about 12 members, but no one seems to be making conversation.

What is one thing you hope your members will gain by being a part of your group? I hope they will learn to respect moms who may be of a different religion or have different values than their own. I want them to know that we are all moms, and there's no right or wrong way to parent

Do you have any other questions we can help you with? Not that I can think of at the moment, but I'm sure I'll have some!

by on Apr. 3, 2011 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN