Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Deleting Post

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:28 PM
  • 12 Replies

I wish there was a quick way to delete old post. We like to go through and delete old post in our group. (Friends Inc) and you have to go into the post then click delete post. I wish it was more like when you go into your PM and just click a check mark up top and it checks them all and you just click delete and they are all deleted. 

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
freedommoments
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:45 PM

I usually just toss everything into an archive forum that is visible only to admins.  You can quickly move posts via the edit forums options.  This way you save time instead of having to individually delete everything and it's sorta out of sight out of mind.

Shelly.xo
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:54 PM
That's exactly what I was gonna say, we have a dead post forum for admin.

Quoting freedommoments:

I usually just toss everything into an archive forum that is visible only to admins.  You can quickly move posts via the edit forums options.  This way you save time instead of having to individually delete everything and it's sorta out of sight out of mind.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
freedommoments
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:18 PM

then i think if your overwhelmed you could always contact cm to delete all the posts in that one forum.

Liansmommie
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:33 PM

Quoting freedommoments:

then i think if your overwhelmed you could always contact cm to delete all the posts in that one forum.

Yup, that would be the easiest way.

momtoonein06
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:47 AM

I don't want the whole forum deleted, just all of 2010, old stuff thats not needed. 

AzariahsMother
by Graphic Love on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:53 AM

This is what I do too. 

Quoting freedommoments:

mom2aspclboy
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 10:14 AM

I & my admin split up deletion duties & try to delete 20 posts a day when there is a lot of them to do (I changed some forums around & we've been weeding out old, irrelevant posts).  It goes rather quickly when  you do it this way.

momtoonein06
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 11:07 AM

Ya, that is what me and the owner of the group have been doing. 

Quoting mom2aspclboy:

I & my admin split up deletion duties & try to delete 20 posts a day when there is a lot of them to do (I changed some forums around & we've been weeding out old, irrelevant posts).  It goes rather quickly when  you do it this way.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

freedommoments
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 10:56 PM

What I was saying is move all the posts you want deleted (ex all posts from 2010) into an archive forum that is visible only to admins... Then contact CM and see if they can delete all the posts in that archive forum.. It would save you a whole bunch of time and clean things up quickly since you can go into Manage Forums and move a whole bunch of posts at one time.  Even if you prefer to delete them yourself you can always put them in a archive forum that is seen only by admins and take care of them on your own time. That way they are out of your main group forums.

Quoting momtoonein06:

I don't want the whole forum deleted, just all of 2010, old stuff thats not needed. 

In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me. -- Psalm 56:11

Liansmommie
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 11:06 PM

It really is the easiest way. Deleting takes too long.

Quoting freedommoments:

What I was saying is move all the posts you want deleted (ex all posts from 2010) into an archive forum that is visible only to admins... Then contact CM and see if they can delete all the posts in that archive forum.. It would save you a whole bunch of time and clean things up quickly since you can go into Manage Forums and move a whole bunch of posts at one time.  Even if you prefer to delete them yourself you can always put them in a archive forum that is seen only by admins and take care of them on your own time. That way they are out of your main group forums.

Quoting momtoonein06:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)