• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you promote your groups these days?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:18 PM
  • 9 Replies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
micheledo
by Godly Mothering on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:27 PM

I haven't tried anything new.  I get the vast majority of my members from my siggy.  The others come from searching for a Christian group.  I think those are the only two ways I have ever gotten members.

Oh, then there are some people who see that their friend joined and so they follow!

Kel13lighthouse
by Scenic Adventures on Nov. 10, 2011 at 9:38 AM

I started a group on Facebook for anyone on Cafemom who wants to promote their group or a group they love once a day. Here's the link, and you must have a FB account.  Just clik the group logo below. Should open into a new window.

FYI it is a "closed" or Private group, so if anyone does join they will need to be Accepted by me. (Be patient as I do work outside the home and I may not get back to that group right away) Thanks 

Liansmommie
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 2:05 PM

Kelly that is great idea! Have you seen much traffic from it?

Quoting Kel13lighthouse:

I started a group on Facebook for anyone on Cafemom who wants to promote their group or a group they love once a day. Here's the link, and you must have a FB account.  Just clik the group logo below. Should open into a new window.

FYI it is a "closed" or Private group, so if anyone does join they will need to be Accepted by me. (Be patient as I do work outside the home and I may not get back to that group right away) Thanks 

aneela
by on Nov. 11, 2011 at 8:57 AM

im actually NOT promoting the coupon group much as I have found we get lots of people wanting to join...joining and doing a big fat NOTHING to contribute to the group...so I'm keeping Serious Coupon Swappers very small for right now. Will change again later on...just not sure when. I have found that using a siggy helps in promoting the group.

aneela
by on Nov. 11, 2011 at 8:58 AM

siggies work best IMO

Quoting micheledo:

I haven't tried anything new.  I get the vast majority of my members from my siggy.  The others come from searching for a Christian group.  I think those are the only two ways I have ever gotten members.

Oh, then there are some people who see that their friend joined and so they follow!

Come join me at Serious Coupon Swappers.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/seriouscouponswappers

Kel13lighthouse
by Scenic Adventures on Nov. 11, 2011 at 6:47 PM

Hey sorry didn't back to this sooner, Internet issues the last couple of days. 

Actually I haven't in my own groups, but I joined a couple because of the promos. So in that aspect I do find that it has helped. 

So feel free to start promoting. :) 

Quoting Liansmommie:

Quoting Kel13lighthouse:

Liansmommie
by on Nov. 11, 2011 at 8:11 PM

I did join and there are some people I will send your way but I don't have much to promote these days. I did set up a daily internet paper through a group twitter feed for a group I mod. I don't know if it's helping since I don't see admin numbers for the group but our twitter followers and retweets of the posts have been climbing and page views for the paper and the number of subscribers for it have been steadily growing which is good since the only content is posts from the group. I just have to add content daily. It's great for my signature here on CM.

Quoting Kel13lighthouse:

Hey sorry didn't back to this sooner, Internet issues the last couple of days. 

Actually I haven't in my own groups, but I joined a couple because of the promos. So in that aspect I do find that it has helped. 

So feel free to start promoting. :) 

Quoting Liansmommie:

Quoting Kel13lighthouse:

sassymomntx1961
by on Nov. 12, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Quoting Kel13lighthouse:

I just sent a request.Im either on cm or fb

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

Kel13lighthouse
by Scenic Adventures on Nov. 12, 2011 at 11:30 AM

Quoting sassymomntx1961:

Quoting Kel13lighthouse:

I just sent a request.Im either on cm or fb

I just accepted you. Welcome and thank you for joining. :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)