Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Curious and need to know

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:50 AM
  • 4 Replies

I have a private group yet I continue to get new applications from people who said they found the group "browsing." I have checked all my privacy settings and we are not seachable nor do we appear in the directory...so how is this happening? We have a VERY small group of ladies and no one has referred anyone using the URL.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
KaDi_88
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Maybe they click on your profile and get it that way?

VTHaven
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 5:45 AM

No...it's not listed on my profile.

grandeboys
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Mmmmm. . . no I don't know the answer to your question.

Just from trying to figure out the answer, here's what I did learn.  From this post and following your name.  I could search you out as a mom.  CM then told me what title of post you had made in which group.  The group Heartside Manor came up a lot so I am assuming that is your group. 

In doing a second search by general topic.  Sometimes not always your group came up as one that had talked about or mention the topic in a discussion.  Your group was always at the bottom, like after paging through several pages.  I really don't thing anyone going to find you that way.

Back to your name. In following your name to view profile.  I notice you have it set to private.  So that is good.  You are protected there.

So bottom line is NO I don't know why people are coming to you or how they are finding you.  Your group did not come up easily for me.  If I were to look for a new group to join yours would not be my pick.  Since you want to remain private. . .I don't know what to tell.

ChinaDragonDoll
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Perhaps someone has been looking at one or two of your members and their profile is not set to private.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)