Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi there! How do we...

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:06 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hi, we started a public group but we'd like to have one forum private. We already have one just for admins, but is there a way to have one forum available to only certain group members? Thanks!!

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
aneela
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:51 AM

i dont know how to do that one...i think it's only admins and regular members...the settings allow for "group members" to reply or "public" if i remember...and "admins"....but not sure you can select only certain members to be in a forum aside from admins...

rhope4
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:01 PM

It's all in the settings in the forums.  You can set it to be viewed and replied to only by members. 

MoversShakers
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 5:09 PM

No, they are either only for admins or for all members.

Quoting MNDsM:

but is there a way to have one forum available to only certain group members? Thanks!!

CafeMom Tickers
rhope4
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:37 PM

If you look at your settings for each forum, you'll notice that they can be viewed by everyone, Cafemom members, group members, or admins.  As for replies, you have Cafemom members, group members, or admins.  Then you have the add posts to the forum, which can be done by Cafemom members, group members, and admins.

If you only want certain group members to view/reply  with certain forums, the only solution to that would be to make them admins and make those forums for admins only.  However, ALL of your admin forums will be accessible to these members.  Unfortunately, you cannot make certain forums accessible to certain members and not to others, like forums A , B, and C can be accessed by member A  but member B can only see forum B and not the other two, and member C can only see forum C and not the other two.

I hope this makes sense, lol.

LadyBast
by on Mar. 10, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Yes you can change settings on any forum it is under manage forums, make one just for members only :)  quick and easy and you can have admins forums and Cafe as well..  Hope this helps you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)