Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

How did you get your group off the ground?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am wondering what I need to do to get my group off the ground.

by on May. 24, 2012 at 9:33 AM
Replies (11-16):
ZsMommy
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 2:41 PM
2 moms liked this

I had a crazy idea on a Friday,made the basics,grabbed a friend and asked if they wanted to admin-then we just went around our friend circles and kept our group moving with posts-In a weekend we had 100 members..by the first year we had over 300...we were luck in the fact Cafe featured our group in Group searches (cuz of activity)

We did take a hit when Cafe created a "Copy cat" Cafe owned group of thei own-went from being the argest Crafts group on cafe to a near dead stand still when they took to promotin themselves. we did recover and now have crossover members (from Cafe's group to ours)

I started the group in 2009,in October it will be 3 years -We're amost at 950 currnty.

Anyhow-back to your question. Best advice I can offer,patience,promotion and constant activity will all help boost interest in a new group.

And for member run groups-you need dedicated "friends" of the group-and admins who help becaus they WANT to-not because of Quotas or gift card incentives,$$$ (Like Cafe owned groups offer mods to keep up constant activity)

Good MEMBER OWNED groups do it out of LOVE and Respect.

Pink_Sunshine
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:05 PM

I couldn't agree with this comment more and don't EVER hand your group ownership over to anyone ever!

Quoting Mitchi602:

I think one of the biggest mistakes go's make when running a group is letting anyone be an admin. I feel like having a strong team with people you can trust and have the same dedication as you is what can help your group grow.

Pink_Sunshine
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh and if you're just starting chatterboxing will be your friend. Every group on CM (aside from CM owned) started with Chatterboxes.

KW1280
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you guys very mucg

aneela
by Serious Coupon Swap on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:00 AM

hopefully you will be able to grow your group

letstalk747
by joy THE COMFORTCAFE on Jul. 24, 2012 at 1:54 PM

good info , thanks guys

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN