Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why Promote all Cafemom owned groups?

Posted by   + Show Post

and very few member owned groups?

by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Replies (11-20):
TheRoundTable
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 8:41 AM

If groups are not active they should be deleted after contacting the GO

However, I have known of some GO's that wanted to delete their group and CM told them NO and they would take it over

aneela
by Serious Coupon Swap on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:07 PM

really...what groups have they taken over?

Quoting TheRoundTable:

However, I have known of some GO's that wanted to delete their group and CM told them NO and they would take it over

Sweet_Faith
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:51 AM

Quoting TheRoundTable:

I've never heard of this, if a group is private that wouldn't make any sense.

TheRoundTable
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Quoting TheRoundTable:

This is done alot...don't know why. The one group I was a member of for the show LOST the owner didn't want it going to anyone else and I don't blame her..

Sweet_Faith
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Quoting TheRoundTable:

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Quoting TheRoundTable:

This is done alot...don't know why. The one group I was a member of for the show LOST the owner didn't want it going to anyone else and I don't blame her..

That's interesting, CM taking over privately owned groups. Why would a GO even have to get permission from CM to delete their group if they choose to? Sorry, I'm just trying to understand.

heavensdaughter
by Anne on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:00 PM

I know that Frugalistas used to be a member owned group but now is a cm owned group.   Not sure what happened there but it didn't seem to be "overtaken" or anything, I think it was consensual.

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Quoting TheRoundTable:

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Quoting TheRoundTable:

That's interesting, CM taking over privately owned groups. Why would a GO even have to get permission from CM to delete their group if they choose to? Sorry, I'm just trying to understand.

Join us in this new and exciting Goal Setting Group

eliptica24
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:55 AM

not to mention, cm is paid to advertise. many of the cm groups have stickies that in some way often are promoting something not connected to cm, so they are financially obligated too.

but ya they promote all groups.

SandysGirl1982
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:52 AM

So true

Quoting eliptica24:

not to mention, cm is paid to advertise. many of the cm groups have stickies that in some way often are promoting something not connected to cm, so they are financially obligated too.

but ya they promote all groups.

dmsfr
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:52 PM

I generally don't post in here but I agree with Heids. I started "volunteering" since before this was Cafemom. Back almost 13 years ago, Clubmom offered a handfull of us a candy bar and a pat on the back to be board admins. We were asked to bring our boards to this site when the other folded. I've worked long and hard, answered lots of emails on and off the board helping people with behavior plans for kids, only to get my board duplicated by the machine. There were even admins from their group coming into mine to see what was going on to duplicate it. Yup, found that one out. After 13 years I keep doing this because I want to help others but it would be nice to be recognized. That hasn't happened in a LONG time.

Oh and the prizes someone mentioned, two years ago, I got asked if I wanted a few items to send off for a prize. Did something on the board, emailed with member addresses and no prizes went out. I ended up doing it myself. Just a heads up.

I don't care about myself getting many kudos but it would be nice if the 13 women I have helping could get some cafe-recognition.

Dawn: Autism/Asperger/PDD Support

AgapeLove2U
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:01 PM

I was wondering if eventually they will stop having the option to create a group and only have the cafemom groups?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)