Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

Suggestion

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:27 AM
  • 7 Replies

CM it's okay to make changes, but maybe if you could also send out a how to or a where to find.  It would be a little more helpful.  It's very frustrating to see all the changes and not know where things, or to know if CM just took them away.

Another thing is we(members) are what make CM what it is of course with your sponsors and your help with watching over the posts etc, but it should really be a group/team effort when changing things or when you are looking for fresh and new idea's.  THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT!  It's made every clear by several members they would like to be involved.  We know as adults you can't please everyone, and not everyone is going to be happy with changes, but it might be worth reaching out sometimes to just see how we feel.  I'm just suggesting maybe you think about us a little more or at least include us even if you don't take our suggestions.

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
little.worthen
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Usually they do give notifications and tutorials... These changes weren't that complicated to where you should need instructions
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mammadonna
by I'm a Knitting Diva on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Nice try Lyndsay, but I doubt they'll take your suggestion...they haven't in the past considered the 'end user' so why would they now!

AzariahsMother
by Graphic Love on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Where are these notifications and tutorials located?  I do know there was a group, but it only provides when there is a much bigger change.

I was not saying they were complicated.  I'm simply saying not everyone knows, and not what seems simple to one person is simple for another person.

In addition not everything is user friendly for everyone.  

Quoting little.worthen:

Usually they do give notifications and tutorials... These changes weren't that complicated to where you should need instructions

AzariahsMother
by Graphic Love on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I Donna, but I feel like I just needed to say something.  I'm not upset about the recent changes, and not upset when they do changes.  Just would be nice to know they are going to happen or even say join this group for recent updates.  

Quoting mammadonna:

Nice try Lyndsay, but I doubt they'll take your suggestion...they haven't in the past considered the 'end user' so why would they now!

little.worthen
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:10 AM

no i'm saying on the big changes that they usually do have tutorials. this one i think they just didnt because it was minor. thats all. i didnt mean to sound rude.

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Where are these notifications and tutorials located?  I do know there was a group, but it only provides when there is a much bigger change.

I was not saying they were complicated.  I'm simply saying not everyone knows, and not what seems simple to one person is simple for another person.

Quoting little.worthen:

AzariahsMother
by Graphic Love on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:56 AM

No you didn't sound rude at all.  Just was trying to make a point to CM that what seems simple to 1 is not simple to all.  Thank you for your input.

no i'mQuoting little.worthen:
 saying on the big changes that they usually do have tutorials. this one i think they just didnt because it was minor. thats all. i didnt mean to sound rude.

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Quoting little.worthen:

busymommy23
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:10 AM

I agree :)  But no one in this group answers much to help!  The changes are not that great............we can't even search our groups to check posts or activity of an admin or member.......if a member wanted to search for a specific item, they cannot :(

Quoting AzariahsMother:

CM it's okay to make changes, but maybe if you could also send out a how to or a where to find.  It would be a little more helpful.  It's very frustrating to see all the changes and not know where things, or to know if CM just took them away.

Another thing is we(members) are what make CM what it is of course with your sponsors and your help with watching over the posts etc, but it should really be a group/team effort when changing things or when you are looking for fresh and new idea's.  THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT!  It's made every clear by several members they would like to be involved.  We know as adults you can't please everyone, and not everyone is going to be happy with changes, but it might be worth reaching out sometimes to just see how we feel.  I'm just suggesting maybe you think about us a little more or at least include us even if you don't take our suggestions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)