Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

What's the point

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:35 AM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this

I don't get why some groups rules are you can't have your  group link in your signature, or you can't promote your group inn thier group... Then how else to you get the word out about your group?  

Sharon

come join the Revenge chat.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118222

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Master_Debater
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Because it's their rule. They can make it a rule to post a salute of yourself wearing a rainbow wig every Tuesday if they wanted to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkDragonFly
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:41 AM

how do they get 100s of members though if every group seems to have the same rule?  I don't get why they don't allow you to promote another CM group? What's  the harm?

Sharon

ZsMommy
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Because Cafe has this "no solicitation" rule that gets tossed around with varying degrees of what is considered solicitation.

Cafe doesn't like siggies for other groups (member owned) in their Cafe owned group (ie:I own a craft group that was around before cafe created their Cafe owned group-I can't even "mention" I own a group in that group cuz they flip out.

I'm in a cooking group-member owned-and was reprimanded by the GO for asking a member if she would mind reposting something in my group she's a member of too-got a whole speech on solicitation.

Now in my group-I have a 'promote your other groups" thread-One thread-anyone in my group can add their links to the thread for all to see. How hard is that?

Solicitation to me honestly is when I get invites in chatter from people I don't know or in my messages out of the blue.  That I don't like-that I don't use. That's just me-my chatter box and messages are my personal space-if was looking for a group I'd use the search bar.

But a siggy link-long as it's small-in another group-personally I too don't get why other groups flake out and feel it's threatening.

PinkDragonFly
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Solicitation to me is those e-mails I get asking me if I want a bigger penis in 10 days... LOL

BUT it's cafemom aren't we suppose to make new friends here with things in common. How can we find out if we can't mention them? 

I have 22 members my group is 4 months old, it's hard to get new members if your not allowed to mention the group.  

So how do I get my group more searchable than?  I  may have set it up wrong when I first started it, is there a way to "fix" that  for people to search it. I am sure there are more than 22 people that like the same show I like.

Sharon

ZsMommy
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Cafe has made it a lot harder to promote groups-used to be able to use Journals-but since journals these days are only viewable if someone checks out your profile-It's kinda pointless to use.  adding your info/link to thought bubbles is hit or miss-cuz occasionally cafe deletes them as solicitation.

Seriously-been here since 2007 and seen a lot of changes not beneficial to the member owned groups. If you weren't originally established prior to these changes-I can see how it's extremely difficult  to try and attract new members when basically you get your hands slapped every time you try.

AzariahsMother
by Graphic Love on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Some groups allow you to.  Just have to be on the hunt.  People send out a lot of chatter boxes and PM's and that's how they reach their member totals.  Plus word of mouth.  When it's a good group people talk, but I understand where your coming from. 

LYNSEYAnimation15-vi

Cafe Denise
by Head Admin on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

You are allowed to have group siggies in CafeMom owned groups. You just cannot start a post for advertising that group. (You can imagine how many we would get.)

As far as advertising goes, we do not allow signatures or posts promoting your business. CafeMom Guidelines do not allow advertising.

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Denise

PinkDragonFly
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:08 PM

most of the other groups, not all but a lot always remove my siggy...

Quoting Cafe Denise:

You are allowed to have group siggies in CafeMom owned groups. You just cannot start a post for advertising that group. (You can imagine how many we would get.)

As far as advertising goes, we do not allow signatures or posts promoting your business. CafeMom Guidelines do not allow advertising.

Denise

Sharon

ZsMommy
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Same here-I've been told by mods in Cafe owned groups I could not have it-even when I've used a size 2 font for the link.

Quoting PinkDragonFly:

most of the other groups, not all but a lot always remove my siggy...

Quoting Cafe Denise:

Denise

SophRichRel
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Could it be that the CafeMom groups are sponsored by major companies?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)