Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

Help... Got made an Admin and I have a question

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:31 PM
  • 12 Replies

Hi!! I sent an email to Cafemom about a group that I had joined that had no activity. I got a reply back and was told that the Admin had move a while back and they was looking for a new one. The reply also said that if I was interested in the Admon spot to let them know. Well, lol, I did not tell them I was interested but I was made Admin so here I am. Is there a way to send out a mass message to all memebers of a group to introduce myself and let them know the group is active again?Thank you!!!

Texas Cowboys Girl

cowgirl          juggling

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadow_lark
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Yes send a group memo. It should be under the more tab on the admin tool bar on the groups home page.
I think you cab also send a pm....not sure how though....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:12 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Find the *send a bulletin* under admin tools,
It goes to all members.
You can tell them you are the admin as well as anything else you want to share with the members,
Good luck :)

mommysangelface
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:44 PM

You can send out a Group Bulletin

mamaslove11
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, crap! I went to FAQ because I did not see what you ladies was talking about. Apparently only group owners and Head Admins can sent out memos/bulletins and I am only a regular Group Admin. Oh well, I will do the best with what I have I guess. That you for reply so quickly :-)

nova.mommy
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:08 AM
2 moms liked this

Maybe contact them again and ask them to make you a head admin or the owner.  Then you could send the bulletin.  If the admin moved I don't see why they would not do it for you.  And then if they don't, ask them why?

letstalk747
by joy THE COMFORTCAFE on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:31 AM

correct , pm all the members , post a announcement in pink  and feature it

Quoting mamaslove11:

Well, crap! I went to FAQ because I did not see what you ladies was talking about. Apparently only group owners and Head Admins can sent out memos/bulletins and I am only a regular Group Admin. Oh well, I will do the best with what I have I guess. That you for reply so quickly :-)

mamaslove11
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I went ahead and did that today there are too many memebers of the group to send out PM. Over hundred of them. The sadly alot of them has not logged into the group since 2008-2010 and looking at their profile some of them have not logged into CM since then also. There are a few new members in the last six months that have not come back because they did not get a response to there post or replies. I replied to some of them when I first joined the group. I hope I can get the group started back up again. I was really excited when I first found the group because I just moved to Texas two years ago and know very few people.

Quoting nova.mommy:

Maybe contact them again and ask them to make you a head admin or the owner.  Then you could send the bulletin.  If the admin moved I don't see why they would not do it for you.  And then if they don't, ask them why?

mamaslove11
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Thank you everybody for your advice. It is greatly appreciated!! big smile mini

tooptimistic
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Good luck with your group!!

Quoting mamaslove11:

Thank you everybody for your advice. It is greatly appreciated!! big smile mini

XpectTwins92808
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:22 PM
I'd set the thing to 60 days if they don't check in it will delete them from the group. I did this to one of mine and now its way more active.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)