Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

How to promote a group

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:10 PM
  • 25 Replies

How does a person promote a group. I have been given ownership of a group that has very few active members. How do I get it out there and promote it? Is there anyway to search for members that live in my area? It is a group that is for a specific area, Moms of East Texas.

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maida265
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:50 AM
2 moms liked this

You have to do personal invites to your group. There isn't a way to promote the group to a large number of people at a time, unless you do it in one of these groups.

If you are looking for mom's of a specifica catatory...do a Mom Search. There you can put in specifics including age, area etc...It will bring you up a list of Mom's that meet your specifications and then you can send them private messages or leave chatters for them.

tvschiulaz
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:54 AM

get a group siggy made and blast it around cafemom.  There is also a cafemom promotion group on facebook to get your message out....

do a contest in the group - ask ladies to bring in members and they will win a snail mail prize (if you can do it of course), or a one-of-a-kind siggy.

you can also promote it here and in the owners and admins place here on cafemom.  Finally, there are groups that do allow promotion - just ask around...

Good luck

hugss
Take Some *Time Out* for You. Join our Friendly/Supportive :)
Yesterday at 10:54 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Where is the group promotion on Facebook?
Thank you :)

Quoting tvschiulaz:

get a group siggy made and blast it around cafemom.  There is also a cafemom promotion group on facebook to get your message out....

do a contest in the group - ask ladies to bring in members and they will win a snail mail prize (if you can do it of course), or a one-of-a-kind siggy.

you can also promote it here and in the owners and admins place here on cafemom.  Finally, there are groups that do allow promotion - just ask around...

Good luck

Join us at
Time Out for You

jessmomto2boys
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I'd love to know, too!

Quoting hugss:

Quoting tvschiulaz:

Good luck

letstalk747
by joy THE COMFORTCAFE on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:20 PM

this

Quoting Maida265:

You have to do personal invites to your group. There isn't a way to promote the group to a large number of people at a time, unless you do it in one of these groups.

If you are looking for mom's of a specifica catatory...do a Mom Search. There you can put in specifics including age, area etc...It will bring you up a list of Mom's that meet your specifications and then you can send them private messages or leave chatters for them.

tvschiulaz
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:17 PM

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cafemomgrouppromotions/

Quoting hugss:

Quoting tvschiulaz:

Good luck

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Tried that link on fb & it said could not be found ?

Quoting tvschiulaz:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting tvschiulaz:

Good luck

tvschiulaz
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:29 PM

I am in there now...not sure why this is happeneing to you...strange

Quoting hugss:

Quoting tvschiulaz:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting tvschiulaz:

Good luck

hugss

by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Let me ask you this,
When I go to my fb page .. where should I try putting in that link?
Thanks again for your help ;)

Quoting tvschiulaz:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting tvschiulaz:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting tvschiulaz:

Good luck

Kel13lighthouse
by Scenic Adventures on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Open another tab/window and copy/paste the link above into the search engine-it may work. The link is also on my Profile Page-in a widget, you can try that too.   

IF these don't work: When your on FB type in :

Group Promotions-Cafemom & Facebook in the search box at the top of the page. 

Good Luck. 

Quoting hugss:

Let me ask you this,
When I go to my fb page .. where should I try putting in that link?
Thanks again for your help ;)

Quoting tvschiulaz:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting tvschiulaz:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting tvschiulaz:

Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN