Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to promote a group

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:10 PM
  • 25 Replies

How does a person promote a group. I have been given ownership of a group that has very few active members. How do I get it out there and promote it? Is there anyway to search for members that live in my area? It is a group that is for a specific area, Moms of East Texas.

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maida265
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:50 AM
2 moms liked this

You have to do personal invites to your group. There isn't a way to promote the group to a large number of people at a time, unless you do it in one of these groups.

If you are looking for mom's of a specifica catatory...do a Mom Search. There you can put in specifics including age, area etc...It will bring you up a list of Mom's that meet your specifications and then you can send them private messages or leave chatters for them.

tvschiulaz
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:54 AM

get a group siggy made and blast it around cafemom.  There is also a cafemom promotion group on facebook to get your message out....

do a contest in the group - ask ladies to bring in members and they will win a snail mail prize (if you can do it of course), or a one-of-a-kind siggy.

you can also promote it here and in the owners and admins place here on cafemom.  Finally, there are groups that do allow promotion - just ask around...

Good luck

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Where is the group promotion on Facebook?
Thank you :)

Quoting tvschiulaz:

get a group siggy made and blast it around cafemom.  There is also a cafemom promotion group on facebook to get your message out....

do a contest in the group - ask ladies to bring in members and they will win a snail mail prize (if you can do it of course), or a one-of-a-kind siggy.

you can also promote it here and in the owners and admins place here on cafemom.  Finally, there are groups that do allow promotion - just ask around...

Good luck

Join us at
Time Out for You

jessmomto2boys
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I'd love to know, too!

Quoting hugss:

Quoting tvschiulaz:

Good luck

letstalk747
by joy THE COMFORTCAFE on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:20 PM

this

Quoting Maida265:

You have to do personal invites to your group. There isn't a way to promote the group to a large number of people at a time, unless you do it in one of these groups.

If you are looking for mom's of a specifica catatory...do a Mom Search. There you can put in specifics including age, area etc...It will bring you up a list of Mom's that meet your specifications and then you can send them private messages or leave chatters for them.

tvschiulaz
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:17 PM

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cafemomgrouppromotions/

Quoting hugss:

Quoting tvschiulaz:

Good luck

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Tried that link on fb & it said could not be found ?

Quoting tvschiulaz:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting tvschiulaz:

Good luck

tvschiulaz
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:29 PM

I am in there now...not sure why this is happeneing to you...strange

Quoting hugss:

Quoting tvschiulaz:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting tvschiulaz:

Good luck

hugss

by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Let me ask you this,
When I go to my fb page .. where should I try putting in that link?
Thanks again for your help ;)

Quoting tvschiulaz:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting tvschiulaz:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting tvschiulaz:

Good luck

Kel13lighthouse
Having difficulty getting into my group Forums (at all groups) So will say See ya later this evening. Maybe CM will be back to working again.
Today at 8:09 AM
by Scenic Adventures on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Open another tab/window and copy/paste the link above into the search engine-it may work. The link is also on my Profile Page-in a widget, you can try that too.   

IF these don't work: When your on FB type in :

Group Promotions-Cafemom & Facebook in the search box at the top of the page. 

Good Luck. 

Quoting hugss:

Let me ask you this,
When I go to my fb page .. where should I try putting in that link?
Thanks again for your help ;)

Quoting tvschiulaz:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting tvschiulaz:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting tvschiulaz:

Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN