Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to get members to make posts

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:46 PM
  • 15 Replies

Right now it seems that in my group most of the women tend to just come in to read the posts and make some replies.  I hardly ever see other members make posts.  It is always just me or the admin.  

Does anyone else have this problem?  If so how are you getting them to make their own posts on topics?  If you don't, how did you get them to make their own posts?

by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nicoles2LilRams
by Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:17 PM

I'm seeing this problem in my group and one I admin for.  Not really sure how to address it either

Fairegirl33
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:33 PM

I find the same... I was an Admin in a group years ago.. same 

Maida265
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:16 AM
2 moms liked this

This is my personal opinion. I don't know how to address the issue, but I think the issue is that CM has gotten SO big..and there are SO many similar groups out there, that most join other groups to gain idea's for their own and only comment enough not to be removed from the group. I don't think there is anything you can really DO to get others to post. I think finding new members who you can sort of "mold" is the best option.

aflower
by New Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Hi
blues_pagan, well your doing better then me, I have not had anyone post at my group yet! To answer your question, yes I too believe woman stop by to read...then leave. Its what topic, is being discussed that will have them post or leave for another group. My advice to you is keep trying to come up with new subjects, someone will post and you can then enjoy your group! I have to agree with Maida265, this site is so big with similar groups who wants to join the same kind of group. I am going to stick it out for a little while, before I cancel my group! I'll join your group..post me!

aflower
Pink.Frosting
by New Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:06 AM

The only thing I have found that helps (doesn't *solve* the problem, but helps) if for you as owner (or admins if you have them) to be super active.  If I ever slack off posting even for a day, everything plummets.  Right now I'm having to send off my computer for repairs so my online time is limited and my group is hardly active at all.  During times when I have started a minimum of three new posts a day, used a group siggy in my posts in the "main" rooms, and pm'd members just say hi and make them feel special -- the group was pretty busy.  I stop any of those things and *BOOM* I'm back at square one before I can turn around good.

KellyOh72
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I have this same problem. I am head admin in a group that the owner doesnt come in anymore.  The group only has like 16 members to begin with. I have 3 active people responding to posts.  I've made posts, and maybe get 2 responses. I've just started a bump post just to try to get the group into the rankings so that maybe other people will see it and join.

I feel like I'm putting forth all of this effort for nothing, so I know exactly how you feel.

We have game posts which dont seem to help. How can they when no one is coming in responding or if they are coming in, they're just creeping around.

Gaily.Daily
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:46 PM

I am co-owner in a group where the owner has had a long-term illness and I am the one in charge although we have admins that help me. There has been a huge slack off from the members but we have a solid group of faithful that post and comment regularly.  I have to live with that until the owner returns I guess.  

I am wondering if the theme your group was based upon has gotten a little too predictable and perhaps if you haven't already ask your members what they would be interested in seeing in the group.  

Kel13lighthouse
by Scenic Adventures on Mar. 17, 2013 at 5:35 PM

I've got a St Patty's Day party going on right now at Scenic Adventures, but alas as usual it's DEAD. 

crying mini

aneela
by Serious Coupon Swap on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:49 PM

it's definitely hit or miss with some members...but your admin team has to lead by example and just hope others will join in...

PinkDragonFly
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:14 PM

I have the same issues.  I jus keep reminding them to fel free and post at any time! I even have a free for all folder

Sharon

Revenge(ABC TV) and More, come join me CLICK

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118222

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)