Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New photo upload question!

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:25 PM
  • 10 Replies
I LOVE the new upload for photos but I can't access my cm mobile upload photo album?!

Any advise?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjsk
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:51 PM
same problem here
baquick
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:09 PM
I have memes on there that I use regularly lol but don't have saved on my phone.

Quoting cjsk:

same problem here
Cafe Denise
by Head Admin on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:10 PM

We briefly added some new photo upload functionality to CafeMom Mobile today that allows members to add photos directly into posts and replies.

Unfortunately there were some unexpected issues with this in production, and the feature has been temporarily removed — everything should be back to the way it was before.

They do plan to address these bugs and get this back out on Monday for users with devices that support the functionality.

I will check with the others at CafeMom, to see if this is part of the issue or something that they plan to add the ability of later.

Denise

baquick
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Aw man!
Thank you :-) please update when you have some information.

Quoting Cafe Denise:

We briefly added some new photo upload functionality to CafeMom Mobile today that allows members to add photos directly into posts and replies.

Unfortunately there were some unexpected issues with this in production, and the feature has been temporarily removed — everything should be back to the way it was before.

They do plan to address these bugs and get this back out on Monday for users with devices that support the functionality.

I will check with the others at CafeMom, to see if this is part of the issue or something that they plan to add the ability of later.

Denise

Maida265
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:07 AM

I didn't know there was a new mobile upload! Where have I been??? LOL

baquick
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:31 AM
It was only on the website a few hours :-(

Quoting Maida265:

I didn't know there was a new mobile upload! Where have I been??? LOL

Cafe Denise
by Head Admin on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Hi,

Members' mobile upload albums will remain accessible from the Photos section of the full site. However, members whose mobile devices support the new photo upload mechanism, won't see the old photo posting option on the mobile site anymore.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Denise

baquick
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Thank you! When will this come into affect?

Quoting Cafe Denise:

Hi,

Members' mobile upload albums will remain accessible from the Photos section of the full site. However, members whose mobile devices support the new photo upload mechanism, won't see the old photo posting option on the mobile site anymore.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Denise

Cafe Denise
by Head Admin on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Ladies!

You should now be able to upload pics directly from your mobile device to a post. These phones are supported:

• iPhone/iPod Touch devices running iOS 6+ (supported iPhones include the 3GS, 4, 4S, and 5)
  • Android devices running version 4+

Members using unsupported devices won't see any change and can continue to post photos from their mobile uploads album as before. The same is true for anyone using the old version of the mobile site.

In addition to uploading photos in posts and replies, members can also now upload an avatar on the mobile site (under My Stuff --> My Account Settings).

Let us know what you think! 

Denise
baquick
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Love it!!!

Quoting Cafe Denise:

Hi Ladies!

You should now be able to upload pics directly from your mobile device to a post. These phones are supported:

• iPhone/iPod Touch devices running iOS 6+ (supported iPhones include the 3GS, 4, 4S, and 5)
  • Android devices running version 4+

Members using unsupported devices won't see any change and can continue to post photos from their mobile uploads album as before. The same is true for anyone using the old version of the mobile site.

In addition to uploading photos in posts and replies, members can also now upload an avatar on the mobile site (under My Stuff --> My Account Settings).

Let us know what you think! 

Denise
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)