Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dyspraxia Support Group

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:40 PM
  • 3 Replies

Newly created group for those with Dyspraxia in their lives! 

Dyspraxia aka Developmental Coordination Disorder is not as rare as you would think, despite the fact that we in the U.S. haven't heard much about this. Overseas where this condition is well documented, they believe that 10% of the population has Dyspraxia and it goes undiagnosed! 

Signs in children include things like, trouble tying shoes, trouble with handwriting, trouble with getting dressed (snaps, buttons, etc.), clumsiness and so on. There is a large list of signs to look out for. 

Often times, Dyspraxia goes hand in hand with comorbid conditions like ADHD, or SPD. 

Since this is the only group here on Cafemom like this, I'm looking for group members and anyone with Dyspraxia in their life who is willing to be an admin for me as well! 

Hope to see you pop in soon and pass this around so that it finds it way to those who truly need it! 

thank you

green ribbon
Support Tourette Syndrome
Awareness
 Proud Owner of the Tourette Syndrome Support Group

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
thatgirl70
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:22 PM

What is the link to join, is it still around? My 6 year old son has dyspraxia.

toddlermominoma
by on May. 3, 2013 at 12:33 PM

You should be able to add yourself to the group. Sorry for the late reply, I've been a little under the weather. If you can't add yourself, please let me know!

cafemom.com/group/118826

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)