Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

Has anyone else had this issue?

Posted by on Jun. 7, 2013 at 1:04 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have had a member blocked (for personal reasons which I will not get in to.) However this member is still able to fill my mailbox.

How does this happen? I have contacted the CM team...but haven't received a response yet. I'm not the only one this has happened to and I know that other members have also reported these issues without any responses.

How long should it take to at least receive a courtesy reponse from CM?

by on Jun. 7, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dana63
by Member on Jun. 7, 2013 at 1:11 PM

I am having the same problem with members in my group blocking a member and they are still getting the PM and the PM are not only daily but some are coming two and three each hour. I have also contacted the CM team and ask them to as well and so far no response. ~~

Jamie12345
by on Jun. 7, 2013 at 3:23 PM

if you are only blocking from group that doesnt have anything to do with your account.  you will have to block them from your own personal account as well not just from a group.

Maida265
by Member on Jun. 7, 2013 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes...I am aware of this. She was blocked on my account. Thank you.

Quoting Jamie12345:

if you are only blocking from group that doesnt have anything to do with your account.  you will have to block them from your own personal account as well not just from a group.

AzariahsMother
by Graphic Love on Jun. 7, 2013 at 6:30 PM

I'm not sure.

I know if you block from group that's different then your personal account like Jaime said.  If they are blocked from personal they should not be able to message you at all is my understanding.  Also just because you have blocked them doesn't mean they have blocked you, so they would still get your messages I would think.

As far as the group they should not be able to see anything in the group.

poc8wu2nwc1thlh

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:06 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Member on Jun. 7, 2013 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Your siggy is darling :)

Quoting AzariahsMother:

I'm not sure.

I know if you block from group that's different then your personal account like Jaime said.  If they are blocked from personal they should not be able to message you at all is my understanding.  Also just because you have blocked them doesn't mean they have blocked you, so they would still get your messages I would think.

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Jun. 7, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Hi Ladies,

Please contact The CafeMom Team about this using the "contact us" link at the bottom of every page. If the member continues to bother other members, they will be able to look into what is happening.

\\ The CafeMom Admin Team

Maida265
by Member on Jun. 7, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Have done just that...thank you

dana63
by Member on Jun. 8, 2013 at 7:01 AM

Quoting Cafe GroupAdmin:

Hi Ladies,

Please contact The CafeMom Team about this using the "contact us" link at the bottom of every page. If the member continues to bother other members, they will be able to look into what is happening.

\\ The CafeMom Admin Team

Thank you!

It has been done.. This member is blocked from individual accounts and the group and somehow she is still finding ways to send individuals messages. I have also told members to make sure they took her off their friends list because that could make a difference. :)

LadyBast
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Well she cannot be your friend at all and she must be blocked from your page and in your groups also, I have members blocked from both and never had an issue at all then again they know better, once blocked from the group do not apply again or even think of it, same w/my page and make sure your page is set to Friends only not CM... My page is private and friends only! I will not have certain people or just anyone viewing my page!

ButterflyRose55
Another win for my Boys GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Today at 5:38 PM
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 10:10 PM

this is true I had to block someone from my group no  more promble  

Quoting AzariahsMother:

I'm not sure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)