Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

Hi Ladies,

We have added a new feature in groups!

When you go into a post, you'll be able to see the content of the post and the first page of replies, as normal.

However, when you go into the second page of replies, the page will change a bit. The original post content will 'hide' and you will only be able to see the replies. 

You can click on "+ Show Post" to see the original post content again.

This will help the pages load quicker and you won't have to keep scrolling down to view replies.

Let us know what you think! :)

Denise

by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Replies (11-19):
Jessica020410
by Jessica on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:24 PM
The reason I couldn't see it was because I was mobile. =)

Quoting Jessica020410:

I haven't either.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Is this in all groups?  I've been some of the CM-owned groups and haven't noticed this feature yet.

Jamie12345
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 4:57 PM

once you reply to a post, how do you add shortcut?  the page reloads when i reply and then the add shortcut feature is gone and i do not see it in another location  :(

Cafe Denise
by Head Admin on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:46 AM

Quoting Jamie12345:

once you reply to a post, how do you add shortcut?  the page reloads when i reply and then the add shortcut feature is gone and i do not see it in another location  :(

It should still be above the Original post on the 1st page. Let us know if you are not seeing this. Denise
Saucy1
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:12 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes, it's there. It's just an inconvenience to go back to the first page, when it used to be on every page. 

Quoting Cafe Denise:

Quoting Jamie12345:

It should still be above the Original post on the 1st page. Let us know if you are not seeing this. Denise

mammadonna
by I'm a Knitting Diva on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Another non-essential 'feature ' !!!
ShadowDemon
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:37 AM

I don't like it. I liked seeing the original post at the top. Yeah, I know it's just a click to see it but it was better when it was already there. I do hope you change it back.

GodsGirl74
Listening to Barlow Girl! Never Alone is a great song & totally describes how I feel about the Lord! He never leaves me nor forsakes me! ♥How I love thee ♥
Yesterday at 2:15 AM
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I actually didnt like it at first but then after seeing how fast the pages load I just love it now. Plus if you are on a page & need to recall the posting it is very simple to pull it up again which I love. Great Job!

AudlyLuvly
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I wish this was on mobile, too.  LOVE IT!

ShadowDemon
by Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Are you keeping it like this? It's annoying and I for one like to see the original post without having to click 'Show Post'.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)