• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Place a few of these around to get rid of/stop infestations of.......

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:04 AM
  • 2 Replies
1 mom liked this

Place A Few Of These Leaves Around Your House And You’ll NEVER See Cockroaches Again!

Ugh, cockroaches… does anybody like them? Maybe other cockroaches. But these insects are absolutely repulsive.  They bite, they carry germs, they communicate via bacteria in their feces (yeah, seriously), they run disturbingly quickly, and well… they’re ugly. We also associate cockroaches with filth, so if you happen to have an infestation, people might make some assumptions about your hygiene and cleanliness. But that’s not necessarily the case, especially when you consider how hard it is to actually eradicate them for good. For instance, I had a friend who leased an apartment and he kept the place absolutely spotless but he kept finding these nasty little buggers. It turned out that the building had an infestation decades ago, and no matter how many times they brought in exterminators, they kept coming back. Gross.

So what the heck are you supposed to do about cockroaches? They can actually survive a nuclear blast, for crying out loud. But fortunately, there is indeed a way to thwart these filthy bugs and all you need are… bay leaves!

Bay leaves are a surprisingly powerful and natural cockroach repellent!

image: http://www.metaspoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/bayleaves1b.jpg

by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
PinkButterfly66
by on Sep. 27, 2016 at 4:30 PM

My dad rented an apartment that was infested and he went to the pet store and bought a couple of common gekkos and let them loose in the house.  They gobbled up all the roaches and did such a good job that my dad had to buy mealworms for them so they wouldn't starve.  I thought that was a resourceful and eco friendly way to handle a roach infestation.  

letstalk747
by joy THE COMFORTCAFE on Sep. 27, 2016 at 11:44 PM

good to know

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)