• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Landing Page

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:56 AM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

Not so much of a fan of this.  It's bright and that's nice, but it's just way to much for me.  To much information all on 1 page.

Anyone else thoughts?

by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Featured Replies
Cafe Denise
by on Jan. 19, 2017 at 10:19 AM

Hi Ladies,

The homepage you're using now still exists and the rest of the site will remain the same.

When you see the new landing page, open the MENU in the top left corner and click on COMMUNITY.  

That will take you to the Community homepage that you usually see.  

If you'd like to go directly to the usual Community homepage and skip the new landing page, please go to:  cafemom.com/community.  You may want to bookmark this page for easy access. I made it my browsers homepage!

Since most of the visitors to CafeMom come to read the articles (The Stir), they will now be featured on the new landing page.

If you are having trouble with anything try clearing your cache first. If anything continues to be an issue please let the CafeMom Team know via the Contact link at the bottom of every page.

Thank you all for being great members of CafeMom!

Denise

MomsQTs
by Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

it is co confusing its like the whole group concept got wiped out- you have to dig for it- you come to the page and you don't even know you offer that stuff crying

AzariahsMother
by Graphic Love on Jan. 18, 2017 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Glad I am not the only one not liking it.  Yesterday I was so confused like huh... even though they sent out the message I was still lost. 

Quoting MomsQTs:

it is co confusing its like the whole group concept got wiped out- you have to dig for it- you come to the page and you don't even know you offer that stuff crying

MomsQTs
by Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 9:06 AM
2 moms liked this

I wish they would have focused on us members also- I've asked about updated widgets aka games to get people to visit eachothers pages like they used to have

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:51 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 9:27 AM

I don't have a need for it so won't be seeing it, LOL

letstalk747
by joy THE COMFORTCAFE on Jan. 18, 2017 at 9:57 AM
2 moms liked this

Its easy just click menu on the left top of page and then community then it goes right to your  normal  group landing page , BUT YES  it needs COMMUNITY on the new landing PAGE FOR SURE.

AzariahsMother
by Graphic Love on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:23 AM
2 moms liked this

Agree, it would be nice to have more focus on Groups the members own.

Quoting MomsQTs:

I wish they would have focused on us members also- I've asked about updated widgets aka games to get people to visit eachothers pages like they used to have

AzariahsMother
by Graphic Love on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Understand that you don't have a need as I think it's more informational for people to read things from the Stir.

How will you not see it?  Anytime you open up Cafemom you should be on the Landing Page.  Do you have an option to turn it off?

Quoting hugss:

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:32 AM

No option to turn it off,
However on my computer my home page are my groups
And on my phone I have my group icon as well as so never see it :)

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Understand that you don't have a need as I think it's more informational for people to read things from the Stir.

How will you not see it?  Anytime you open up Cafemom you should be on the Landing Page.  Do you have an option to turn it off?

Quoting hugss:

AzariahsMother
by Graphic Love on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I see, so you never type in Cafemom.  Got it.

Quoting hugss:

No option to turn it off,However on my computer my home page are my groups And on my phone I have my group icon as well as so never see it :)

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Quoting hugss:

hugss

by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

No, never & love not :)

Quoting AzariahsMother:

I see, so you never type in Cafemom.  Got it.

Quoting hugss:

No option to turn it off,However on my computer my home page are my groups And on my phone I have my group icon as well as so never see it :)

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Quoting hugss:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)