Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Group Resource Center CafeMom Group Resource Center

any ideas?

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2009 at 12:44 PM
  • 5 Replies

my group anxiety bites isnt doing to bad...but i need more ideas to promote? i  always promote everyday! ...what should i put down? i have games and stuff...daily check ins....

GROUP  OWNER OF www.cafemom.com/group/AnxietyBites  come join us...dont need to be alone anymore..or feel scared.

by on Jul. 15, 2009 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Cafe Elizabeth
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 11:17 AM

Hi stacinbob,

Games and contests are definitely popular, and can draw a crowd to a group. For example, the contest we had in here last week seemed to really boost participation in the group.

Anxiety is certainly a topic that's sometimes difficult for people to feel comfortable talking about, and there are many other topics that are in a similar boat here on CafeMom. So sometimes is harder to find members who have expressed an interest in "anxiety".

One idea is to do a search on the site for "anxiety". The search box in the upper right of the page will give you results that span Journal Posts, Group Posts, Members and other groups. While we do not suggest that you invite members of other groups to join yours (that's not a good idea), you could send PMs to members who've written in Journals or Answers about anxiety-related issues. Just try not to "spam" members.

Have you also tried promoting your group to other people outside of CafeMom? Posting in a local businesses or grocery stores about the group could help draw new moms to both the group and CafeMom.

I'm sure other members have more ideas -- everyone please share!

-- Elizabeth

25beengoodtome
by on Aug. 15, 2009 at 1:00 PM

We have a different type of post in one of our forums, it's the HAVE YOU EVER . . .___?

with each reply members answer the previous  have you ( truthfully or silly as you dare) then ask a have you for the next poster. It really relaxes the group members, as there is no spotlight on any one person at a time. Each member chooses when she will play.

~Marie~, ABSOLUTELY ADDICTED TO CAFE MOM and loving it!
CrazyDaisy123
by on Oct. 16, 2009 at 2:19 PM

I would like to have a Halloween party for my group, but I have no clue as to how to go about having one.  What do you do?  How do you set up games, etc.?  Could someone PM me with some ideas?  I would so appreciate it!  Thanks....CrazyDaisy123 aka Deb 

bryncalyn
by on Oct. 21, 2009 at 1:10 PM

I ditto this question. I would love to know how the games are set up, how contests are run, how you get prizes to people, etc.

Quoting CrazyDaisy123:

I would like to have a Halloween party for my group, but I have no clue as to how to go about having one.  What do you do?  How do you set up games, etc.?  Could someone PM me with some ideas?  I would so appreciate it!  Thanks....CrazyDaisy123 aka Deb 

Babies are such a great way to start peopleā€¦ Tiny yawns, sleepy sighs, nursery rhymes, and lullabies.

expecting baby

Cafe Elizabeth
by on Oct. 21, 2009 at 2:45 PM

Hi Everyone,

Games and contests are a great way to entertain and also attract new members to your group. Here are some tried-and-true game and party suggestions from other members.

Imagine you're hosting a party at your house. There's the prep work, and the scurrying around while the guests are there, and then some clean up. On CafeMom, if you do the prep work, then you can hang out and enjoy yourself during the party too! It's all up to you and how you decide to organize the party. Ask your Admins to help out too...the great thing about a party is that it's a lot of fun.

I have a couple additional suggestions:

1. Keep it simple. Parties need some planning, like games and contests, but they don't have to be the Price Is Right! Simple parties with a few easy games do quite well, especially if it's the first time your group has had a party.

2. If you have multiple forums, put the party in a public forum! That way, you can invite and entertain potential members and give them a taste for the group. Hopefully they'll decide to join the group after attending the party.

3. If you decide to give prizes for the contests, keep them simple too! Make the prize something you can do on CafeMom -- like a siggy, help with another group, Tickles for two weeks, fresh baked cupcakes (widget). Be creative!

4. Most importantly, have fun! If you're having fun, chances are the members of your group are having fun too.

Please post any other suggestions and tried-and-true tricks here for everyone else to benefit from too.

Enjoy!

-- Elizabeth

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN