Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let's get to know each other!!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:20 PM
  • 28 Replies
  • 726 Total Views

Here is a place that we can introduce ourselves. Tell us a bit about you. Does your mom or MIL live near you or with you?

Come See Me At

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RebeccaTalRue
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:35 PM

Hey everyone! My name is Bec! I am an admin here to this awesome group.  I am a 27 yr old,  single mama. I have 2 beautiful girls; Talli is 8 and Ruby is 4. I am currently unemployed and looking for work.  Right now I live with my mom. She is a single mama, also. I am lucky somewhat I do not have to deal with a MIL like some of us do. My mother, which I do love very much, is enough for me right now. Her and I are sooooo much alike in alot of ways so we bump heads a bit.

I am really looking forward to this group because as much as I do love my mama, she drives be batty! I am really looking forward to venting and getting advice on some of the things that I have to deal with living here. But I am looking forward to getting to know you all, also. I am very open minded and don't judge others. I have a good ear to listen to others vent, too! =)

Rosesandlilys
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:39 PM

Hey everyone! Im a 26 year old single mom college student to one 16 almost 17 month old little boy. I call him my little terror lol. I live WITH mother and father lol so I have LOADS to complain about all the time : )

Like my siggy? Want one? Click it!

LKRA
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:42 PM

Hello! My name is Leslie, and I am a 31 year old first time mom to five month old Tater Tot. :) My mother takes care of Tater during the day while I'm at work, so I talk about the head-butting alot. Alot. LOL My mother joined Cafemom today to do battle with the new moms, so please don't let her in here. :) I don't know where I would be without my mother, but it is difficult to explain to her that I am a mother now, and the roles have changed. I need help with that.

mom2eg
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Hi! My name is Jess. I am 32 and a stay at home mom to 2 kids: 5 year old daughter Grace and 2 year old son Elliott. I have definetly had differences with my MIL. She lives about 30 minutes away. I am not a confrontational person so I try to bite my tongue with her comments, so it's nice to find some ladies to talk with about it! I get along really good with my mom, she lives about 2 miles so that's good!

LisaMarie816
by Group Owner on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:52 PM

First, thanks for posting this first post for me Bec.

And as for me. I am the Owner of this Group. My name is Lisa. I am 24. I am a single mom of 2 little girls. I live in San Antonio, TX. I am in the middle of a divorce that will hopefully be over in June. I am also back to living with my parents again becasue of it, so I can get back on my feet.

I will say, I love my mom very much. But she drives me up the wall! She tries to act like she is my girls mom. And Makes it look like I dont know how to raise my own kids! She is always l;urking over my shoulder. Oh, and I also work in the same office as her. Ugh I so need another job!!

My MIL...soon to be ex MIL. She is CRAZY! So freaking selfish (just like her son) Cares about nothing but herself. At my oldest 1st birthday. I was away from my family in GA so they couldnt come. But my MIL and her boyfriend came. Well they showed up late. They stayed the whole weekend to spend time with her. But stayed for the party about 2 hrs. Then went off with her boyfriend and never came back until they were about to head back home. She never asks about her...checks on her. And has never asked questions about the baby. I havent spike to her4 since I told her I was leaving her son. (but she understood why I was leaving him) My husband doesnt even call to see how his daughters are doing but once a week maybe. So why am I surprised she is like that too? she used to use her child support she would get for her own shopping, traveling, and greedy needs. Not for her kids. UGH. I just got unlucky in the husband and inlaw department first time around.

So where better to vent than here right? Group is private so have at it ladies.

Sithpadawans
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 1:21 PM

Hello Ladies! I am new to this site. My name is Denise and I am a mommy of 2 boys. I am married and I don't want to offend anyone by this comment, but I swear my mother is a Jewish mother. Always wants to know everything I am doing, tells me how to raise my boys, wants to control my finances and anything else she can think of! I also work with my mother and that is not easy either. Both my mother and MIL live five minutes from each other and twenty minutes from me. But since my mother and MIL never talk to each other, I don't have to worry about that. Neither one comes over to our place very much. And for that I am happy! My mother tells me how I should keep my house spotless and I just look at her cause her house ain't exactly a museum showcase!

I love my mom to death, but with her, there is always strings attached to whatever I ask of her. And then I get to hear about it for the rest of my life. Especially when I screw up! Then I get chapter and verse about how I need to start acting like an adult! It's like banging my head against the wall. Sheesh!

ladybugg0210
by New Member on Apr. 9, 2009 at 10:22 PM

Hi girls, my name is Kathy and I am a single mom of 2 girls.  Syd is 8 and Jaidyn is 2.  I have been working with my mom since my youngest was born (she runs a daycare out of her house).  About a year ago she sold her house because she couldn't handle the upkeep on her own anymore an she moved accross the hall from me.  I knew it would be hard, but UGH it's worse than I ever imagined!  Now, I love my mom to death and I know I can count on her for anything, anytime, but I can't stand living so close, I feel like I live at home again.  I can't go anywhere without her wanting to tag along, we eat every meal together (it is really stupid for her to cook a seperate meal for just herself if I'm already cooking) but if I want something she doesn't like, I have to plan it on a day that she isn't here, which is very seldom.  She is a very needy person, she has been emotionally abused by a lot of people in her life and assumes that everyone now is doing the same.  Any criticism is bad to her, she gets depressed very easily and takes everything to heart.  She will not go anywhere alone, she's either with me or my sister who lives an hour away.  I wish I could help her become more independent and confident, but I don't know what to do.  I know moving here was great for her, just what she wanted, but for me................ it's hell.  I want to move so bad, but I just can't afford it right now.

Anyway, I hope to get to know you girls and look forward to getting and giving some great advice in here.

rebelle
by on Apr. 10, 2009 at 8:28 AM

Hi I'm Denise! I am a 31yr old mom of one wonderful toddler. His name is Jaydin and he will be 2 this May. I have been Married to my wonderful hubby for almost 4 years. Unfortunatly, he came with the most annoying, negative, bitchy, lying, crazy mom. I can NOT stand my MIL. She is closed minded and thinks that if you do not think or believe they way she does then you are gonna burn in hell. And anything she does for us (whether we ask for it or not) comes with strings attatched. She loves to throw it back in our faces every chance she gets. I could go on forever and ever about her....ugh. I try to keep my mouth closed but sometimes I am not to successful. But I do make my hubby stand up to her.

I really look forward to getting to know you ladies and having somewhere to vent about my mil!

lorettachick
by on Apr. 10, 2009 at 11:06 AM

My name is Loretta, 30 years old, mom of two boys (3 and 6 months) and married for almost 6 years in May.  MIL and I used to be so very close and we hung out all the time.  We live not even 5 mintues away from DH's parents.  It was awesome at first.  She was so supportive during our long TTC process, MC and during my pregnancy w/ DS1.  Then she snapped and totally changed.  She made my life complete hell.  I know she was concerned about DS1 - her first grandchild and my mom's - and threw a huge fit at the hospital when he was in NICU.  We were scared of what was going on w/ our son and she made the situation so much worse.  I blame her for my terrible PPD and also because of her medding and tantrums, she also came between DH and me.  So we went to marriage counseling.  I blame her and even though it's been over 3 years ago, I still have not forgiven her.  I no longer tell her things unles it's need to know and I know she is sad that our relationship has totally changed.  When we found out I would be having DS2 early as well, I told her I didn't want drama again and she apologized for her behavior but I'm still bitter.  I don't give a crap.  I didn't let her in the delivery room like I did w/ DS1 and she was PISSED.  Sorry, lady, vagina show is OVER for you and won't ever be in the delivery room again.  She even asked if she could be in the room if I had a c-section when it looked like I may need one.  I told her my mom said she didn't think she could handle it and that' s when she asked if she could be in there and how she could handle it b/c she would be so excited that her grandson was being born.  Umm  yeah, it wouldn't bother you b/c I'm not your daughter that is getting cut open.  Can you guys tell I am so very bitter?  LOL!!!

So my SIL (married to DH's brother) and I have wonderful vent sessions about her. 

Lilypie 1st Birthday TickerLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

LKRA
by on Apr. 10, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Double duty! LMAO

Quoting Sithpadawans:

Hello Ladies! I am new to this site. My name is Denise and I am a mommy of 2 boys. I am married and I don't want to offend anyone by this comment, but I swear my mother is a Jewish mother. Always wants to know everything I am doing, tells me how to raise my boys, wants to control my finances and anything else she can think of! I also work with my mother and that is not easy either. Both my mother and MIL live five minutes from each other and twenty minutes from me. But since my mother and MIL never talk to each other, I don't have to worry about that. Neither one comes over to our place very much. And for that I am happy! My mother tells me how I should keep my house spotless and I just look at her cause her house ain't exactly a museum showcase!

I love my mom to death, but with her, there is always strings attached to whatever I ask of her. And then I get to hear about it for the rest of my life. Especially when I screw up! Then I get chapter and verse about how I need to start acting like an adult! It's like banging my head against the wall. Sheesh!

That sentence in bold? I know EXACTLY what you mean. My mother watches my daughter "for free", but it's not really free, you know? Monetarily, yes. But it costs alot. Alot. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)