• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My sister

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:22 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 328 Total Views

Can I vent about my sister?  I know this group is about mom's but believe me my sister gets her uppityness and holier than thou attitude from my mom. 

My sister Heather is getting married Aug 15th.  She is a bridezilla.  First of all she is spoiled.  she has never wanted for anything.  There is a huge gap between the older siblings and my 3 youngest siblings.  My parents were all about making us older ones independant and self sufficient.  not sure what happened with the youngest 3 but they got spoiled.  They were bought cars, but they were not good enough for them, they are 21 now and sti expect it is my parents responsibility to pay for whatever they think they need.  Tanning is considered a necessity.  I am glad I was not spoiled.  I am not jealous.  I am independant and I am happy about it.

Anyway Heather ha never had to pay for anything and is not involved in finances with her fiance.  She has no idea how much he makes or even the specifics of his job.  She just expects to get what she wants. 

Well I recently had to pay for a new transmission in my car.  We live off my husbands salary.  He is in the Army and an E4.  We do not have a lot of money.  We had to borrow some money to pay for the transmission.  My mom really wants to see the grandkids so she paid for our plane tickets to come out for the wedding.  I did not ask, I don't even realy want to go.  Looooong story, but trust me, this visit is not a great thing. 

So Heather said she wanted a littlebachelorette party with just us sisters.  there are 5 of us.  So Kaytee and I planned this awesome night.  We even paid for a private lesson for the 5 of us to learn how to do a lap dance.  lol.  The price is for 6 people though so Kaytee told her she could invite a friend to the lesson if she wants to.  Heather was so ungrateful.  She starts rambling about how she is going to invite so and so and how Connie and I wil probably feel self conscious because we are so fat.  (We are not terribly fat.  We could each lose about 30 lbs. )  Kaytee told her that she shouldn't say stuff like that and it is rude.  heather said she doesn't care because its her night and its all about her, and she can do what she wants and after all I didn't even pay for our plane tickets.  Mom did.  Kaytee told her she was being rude especially since I am scraping up money I don't have to pay for half of this to give her a nice night.  She was just so ungrateful that Kaytee and I don't even want to do it anymore.  We are trying to get through this wedding because she is our sister and we are not going to do anything to ruin her wedding day.  But honestly her brattiness is really starting to wear thin. 

When they picked out the bridesmaids dresses she had lots of comments about how fat Connie and I will look and hopefully we can shove all of our fat in there.  It is just plain hurtful and rude.  Kaytee and Madeline are size 2 so they aren't gettting the fat comments, but they are still offended and sick of her ungratefulness for everything everyone is doing to try and make her wedding special.  My mom is sticking up for her too!  She hears her say this and just says, "Oh she doesn't mean it that way.  You guys are being too sensitive."  I am just over it and want the wedding to come and go already.

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
LisaMarie816
by Group Owner on Aug. 10, 2009 at 12:14 PM

sorry it took me so long to reply to this Manda. Its been a long month already.

YES you can vent about anyone here. Even the men. LOL!

WOW. She is a spoiled brat. I know you used to talk about her before but good lord! YOur being nicer than I would be. Hopefully you can make it through the wedding without loosing it.

Hang in there hun....how are things going with Aaron? 

bethiesmama
by on Aug. 23, 2009 at 6:53 PM

Things are going as well as can be expected with Aaron.  He appears to be trying very hard to win me back.    I am extremely cautious, and doing things to prepare to take care of myself and the girls if necessary.  If he is serious, it is going to take some time for us to work it out and regain trust.  Of course there is a LOT more to this story, but I can fill you in another time. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)