Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Story -this is a long one!

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:43 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 373 Total Views

Let me introduce you to my youngest brother (left), my mother (blonde), and my DH and I. This photo was taken right before the icing was put on the cake. Growing up, my mother had met another man after she left my father, and they got married and had my 2 half brothers. From there on in I was the "other" child. The child from another marriage. And more importantly, the girl. My mother and father had no desire to be good parents at the time, I ended up raising my brothers for awhile. My younger brothers daycare knew me better and saw me more than my own mom. Years down the road, I was 14. She met some noob on the internet and moved to Florida and married him. Took my brothers 6 months later, and left me with my step father. My real father f****d off when I was one. I ended up living with friends and my boyfriend, because my stepdad didn't feel as though he should be responsible for me. Not to mention he took the mentality that I wasn't his REAL daughter, so it was ok to treat me in a sexual manner. Yeah, screw that. So I hit the ripe old age of 16 and I got my own apartment. I held 3 jobs after dropping out, until my boyfriend broke up with me, and I had major separation issues. I went to the hospital for some "relaxing" time. I ended up living with a step uncle for a little while, until my mom agreed to let me move to Florida with her. There, I  graduated high school at least. I never went to college, because my mom refused to help me with funding (she had to fill out forms about her taxes or something). So I met my DH, we partied, got married, got pregnant, started a family. Our first son Logan was born. I begged her to be in the room with me, and she told me that having a child vaginally was disgusting, call her when it was out. I did. She cried and talked about how perfect he was, and he was, but then she maybe only saw him 5 times before we moved back to Canada when he was 2. Keep in mind I'd be here all night if I told you everything! Anyways, when I found out son 2 was a dwarf at 30 wks pregnancy, she wanted me to abort. (!) Let me just say without offending, I ABSOLUTELY REFUSE TO TERMINATE A LIFE BASED ON LOOKS OR CHALLENGES!!! She toldme she wasn't cut out for special needs, good luck. So years down the road (she absolutely "adores" son 2 now), we are living in Canada, and her youngest son, my brother, desides he's moving to canada. And he did. He came to visit his dad and just decided to stay which killed her of course. She had me making sure he's ok and all this, which he was for awhile. Well a few months ago his dad kicked him out. Well actually his dad allowed his girlfriend to kick his son out. Anyways, I wasn't about to let him be homeless, and mom was crapping a brick, so I let him move in.  YOU DON'T KNOW SOMEONE TILL THEY LIVE WITH YOU! My brother who is only 16, has a drug problem. He feels as though life isn't living if he can't be high. Prescription pills, pot, salvia, booze, anything he can get his hands on. He wants to be a drug dealer for a living because his uncle makes tons. I warned mom, I told her the extent of it. I told her about him trying to grow. I told her there were strict rules in this house and if he wasn't going to follow them, he would have to leave. I tried to get him help, he didn't want it. WELL, he went to Fl for a visit and came back with all this growing stuff that she bought him, and a new laptop, and all new clothes, and yada yada yada. I called and wanted to know "what the f**k!!?" She said he PROMISED he would only grow tomatoes with his new stuff, and the list goes on about what he promised. He wasn't home 5 mins and he was trying to set up to grow salvia. I wrote him a strict email saying he was not doing it in my house and I want his room clean when I get home (I work). He flipped out while I was at work, trashed my basement, told me to go f**k myself, yelled at my 3 year old, and told me to burn his stuff. I called mom and she babied him. Poor him, and he's only 16 and he's a minor and she has to do what she can cause she's responsible!! She made excuses for him....I lost it and I told her some nasty things. I told her her son was headed for prison and rehab, and why does he need a laptop if he's gonna drop out? I told her I was sick of being disregarded in this family cause I don't have a dick, and that when in 5 years he screws his life, don't cry to me. I also asked her where the hell she was when I was just a poor 16 year old? *tears hair out* I've had it! THEN of all things he came back, and called the ospca to try and have my dog taken, the CAS to have my kids taken, and the cops to try and have my husband deported. I freaked. I called her and told her that if any one of those things happen, SHE will NEVER hear from me or her grandsons again, and she will have a dead son, cause I will personally wrap my hands around his neck. Well, she hasn't talked to me since. And I like it like that. Long, but thats where my rage comes from, thankyou to those who read it!!!!

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
nycte
by on Sep. 14, 2009 at 6:26 PM

I feel for you. I would have just said stay with your mom but I am tired of my brothers games too. My brothers are adults now. Like yours they were always favored by family. I was the stupid girl. I hated it. I thought we were all past that recently but I am clearly still the stupid crazy girl. *hugs* Hang in there.

LisaMarie816
by Group Owner on Sep. 15, 2009 at 12:04 PM

Wow hun....quite a story for you. I agree. I would kick him out and do what is best for your family. You dont need that stuff around your sons. And you dont need that stress. If he cant go by your rules and be thankful he has a place to stay with you, then he needs to go. 16 he can get a real job. They have shelters and help with jobs. I know that sounds horrible..but you need to take care of your husband and children first.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)