Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new to the group

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:24 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 322 Total Views

well here is my story....

I am a mother of 2 beautiful children. Hunter is 5 and Hailey is 3. On may 30,2008 ricky jr was killed in a 4 wheeler accident. We had been together for a little more than 5 yrs and had been best friends for more than 6 yrs. we had been through a lot together and had grown together. He was 22 yrs old when he died. Our children at the time were 4 and 2. Hailey had turned 2 exactly a week before the accident. We have made it past the one year mark and it has been a rough journey. I only wish i had found this group earlier...i searched the web for books on what to do because i had no idea how i was going to be able to do it. I stayed at home with the kids for about 2 months. If it wasnt for them i dont know what i would have done. I thank the lord everyday for blessing me with my children. they gave my the strength and the will to get up everyday and keep on living. Ricky jr was also a blessing he gave me the most precious gifts ever, our children and left me with a part of him. he was also the one who lived every day to the fullest and that has given me the strength to continue as well. i know he would not want me to stop my life or our kids because he is gone from earth. He is one of the strongest people i have ever known...he had muscular dystrophy and had to deal with so much in his life. In a way it was almost a blessing in disguise because there was so much that i had to do because he could not physically do it. so i actually didnt add much to the load i did everday anyways. So i knew even though it would never be the same without him here i was capable of handling it all and we would make it throughthis and be okay. The pain never stops its always there but it does ease with time. Most days im at peace with everything but i still ahve days that a sad song or love song or one of our songs comes on the radio and i break down or get angry. when something happens to the kids...dr. appts, emergency room, surgery, graduating preschool, riding her first big bike, catching her first fish, starting kindergarten in the fall, and preshool, issues with his parents and sister and other family....then im sad and mad that he isnt there with me and has left me to do it all alone. But i know he is in a better lace and that God needed him and God has a plan for me and my children. He is watching over us and we will always love and miss him everday.

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
bbmomof3
by Member on Jun. 23, 2009 at 4:33 PM

I am so sorry that you are a member of this group.  I will pray for you and your children that you are able to make through each day with a little less pain.

Again, I am sorry for your loss

Katrina  De Los Santos

Caly52964
by New Member on Jul. 18, 2009 at 11:14 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my husband last year to a heart attack while he was on stormwork for huricane ike. It's me and my two girls, 16 and 17. We take it one day at a time. I know how you feel though. I wish I could just touch him or kiss him one more time. Your in my thoughts and prayers.

RedneckGirl79
by Member on Jul. 23, 2009 at 12:19 PM

The unfortunate part.. Is we all know your pain, and understand it.. The great part, is now you have found us... And we all hope to help each other heal, and/or get throug the days...

I find it awesome that you know God had a reason for this... While it doesn't make it easier for you to grieve... You at least know......

I wish you and your children the best.. and just know in my heart, that you have the power to push through it all.... IF you ever need a friend.. I'm here... *hugs* to ya mama.. Best wishes and God Bless..

Tired of the same old boring meal? Want to spice it up a little? Want to be talk of the next get together? Ask me about Tastefully Simple's products. We offer a wide selection of convenient, easy-to-prepare gourmet foods designed to help people spend less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying the rest of their lives.Its about the food you love, and the time you deserve. 100% satisfaction guarantee!!! Check out WWW.TastefullySimple.com or email me at TSimple08@aol.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)