Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Snap Recap

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:49 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 260 Total Views

I've come to realize that my recaps are just totally pathetic when it comes to REAL recaps! LOL

Andrea's is here and it's a great recap!  Post your comments to her blog to make sure that she gets to continue recapping for the final eps!

http://blog.zap2it.com/ithappenedlastnight/2009/06/harpers-island-snap.html

Another excellent episode of "Harper's Island," gang.

Just to clarify something from last week -- it was too dark for me to see properly if Beth was cut in half or not. The blood trails going two different ways could've just been a trap (because of the gate coming down and trapping Abby) and I didn't want to assume. However, I've read an interview with the actress who played Beth and she was, in fact, cut in half like Uncle Marty. So there ya go.

Snap to it (summary)
As soon as everyone realizes Katherine is dead, they head for the marina to get off the island. They pick up Cal and Chloe from the clinic and find out Sheriff Mills is missing. The state police fly in and someone in a Sheriff's jacket shoots them. There is then a huge explosion at the marina that blows up all the boats. Jimmy is on his boat and we think he's a goner, until he is delivered to our crew at the Cannery on the hood of a car with Abby's hotel room key in his hand. Abby gets the message and goes to the hotel, only to find her dad. Cal and Sully make a break for Cal's rented sailboat on the other side of the island and Cal is shot in the ensuing melee. We hope Sully can patch him up at the clinic.

I give it two snaps up (key players)
Abby is a leper, Henry is practically the only one who will even look at her. It's totally sketchy that Jimmy magically survived the explosion and then it turns out the Sheriff made Wakefield promise that Jimmy would not be harmed. Hmmm. Shea spends most of the episode being a total bitch to Abby, who just wants to question Madison about her abduction (like everyone should want to). Madison is a lying liar who lies and Shea is a real skank. Trish also takes a couple turns on the Skank Bus.

Awww snap! (who died)
Maggie the Innkeeper (there go some people's theories) and Sheriff Mills.

Ahhh, a red snapper. Mmmmm, very tasty (how they died)
Maggie was flung from the top of the cannery in a noose (though I suspect she was already dead) and Sheriff Mills was dragged out through a window and hung outside the Candlewick.

Snap beans (gruesome scale)
Meh, nothing too bad. What was actually scarier than the gore was the anticipation of what was going to happen to Sheriff Mills. 2 out of 10 for gruesome.

Snap your fingers (best lines (there are some excellent lines in this episode))
Trish: You ever actually shoot anything before?
Sully: Sure, all the time. Halo, Lock Shock, GTA

Chloe: What about him? He can sail, knows the island.
Shane: I'm not going out there and getting shot. Thanks though. [Ed's note: the delivery of that line was just priceless, I laughed at loud.]

Shane: Why in god's name would you want to get married here?
Henry: Believe me, I'm having second thoughts.

Henry: I thought you didn't like it.
Shane: I don't. Jimmy drank scotch. I'm having a drink for Jimmy.

Danny: We makin' fire or bubbles?
Sully: Alcohol burns quickly. Soap gives it something to stick to. Acts like napalm.
Danny: Huh.
Sully: We were all in the same frat.

Chloe: I'm sorry for bringing you to this wedding.
Cal: As far as weddings go, it does rank near the bottom. The only one worse was my mother's fourth marriage to an Irish clogger.

Wakefield: You look just like your mother.

It's a snap (best scare)

The explosion and the shooting at the dock was pretty intense, though not necessarily "scary." I jumped about a foot when Wakefield came up behind Abby at the end.

And snap! The job's a game (I hope you die next)
Well, hell. My two perennial faves in this category, Shane and Sully, are actually likeable this episode, particularly Sully. But you know who can take a flying leap? Shea Allen. Kill her next!

Snap, Crackle and Pop (lead suspects)
Well, I think Wakefield being alive and Jimmy working with him has some pretty hefty weight after this episode. What a nice cover for Jimmy, if Wakefield has to agree not to harm him. I mean, maybe Wakefield is working alone but if we found out he was alive in episode TEN and that turns out to be it... I'm going to be very disappointed.

Exploding Snap (weekly death roster)

Cousin Ben: this was no boating accident
Uncle Marty: bridge to tear-in-halfia
Reverend Fain: someone should've given him a heads up
Kelly Seaver: you hang in there, buddy
Lucy Daramour: what a little firecracker!
Hunter Jennings: he lost the face-off
Joel Booth: he's got a leg up
Thomas Wellington: what a splitting headache
Richard Allen: you give love a bad name

Malcolm Ross: that money is burning a hole in his pocket
Deputy: nice red shirt you have on
Radio: on the fritz
Cole Harkin: I suspect Geena Davis
JD Dunn: if you hang up on me, I'll gut you like a fish
Beth Barrington: tunnel vision
Katherine Wellington: does the gardener have an alibi?

Male Cop: I pirefer "murder of crows" myself
Female Cop: not too excited to investigate anymore, are ya?
Maggie: this has nothing to do with m--snap
Sheriff Mills: awww man. Sad panda.

Big Damn Heroes

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)