Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone disappointed with the ending?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2009 at 6:07 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 403 Total Views

Anyone disappointed with the ending? I was~I couldn't decide at first if Jimmy or Henry was the killer..but why did he kill Trish? I was disappointed with the way it ended. Even though we know who the killers were it would have been nice to see how they got caught..what do you think would have happened to Jimmy, Abby, and Trish's sister and niece?

by on Jul. 12, 2009 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Wethepeoplets1
by New Member on Jul. 12, 2009 at 6:35 PM
I actually kind of liked the ending. In the begining of the show I suggested that the killer was Henry but then as the show went on I changed my mind. I never thought it was Jimmy though. I just thought they were trying to make it look that way. I think he killed Trish because he was never actually in love with her. He said the whole marriage thing was just a way to get everyone back to the Island. I think he was really in love with Abbey even though he would've been her half brother. I would've liked to see a little more of the story of when they left the island and got home. It's weird I actually felt a little sad for Henry when she killed him even though I wanted her to do it! As soon as she stabbed him I went "Awww" and my husband looked at me and went "awww?!" LoL. I guess just because he really cared about her in his own creepy screwed up way. At first I was like who would be that angry because they were adopted. I understand being angry because their mom kept Abbey but not him but I'm like that would cause a rampage? But then I was thinking about it and I guess he would be that angry if he fell in love with her not knowing it was his own sister. The parents should've told them esp when you see you're kid hanging out together and getting so close not knowing they are related.
teacher312
by on Jul. 12, 2009 at 6:42 PM

me too!  It was good until the last 1/2 hour.  The whole house thing was creepy!  More so than the rest of the program. 

j9gem
by Group Owner on Jul. 13, 2009 at 8:32 AM

What saved it from becoming trite, IMO, is how great of an actore Chris Gorham (Henry Dunn) is!  That man knocked it outta the park!

I'm def going to watch it again, tho, b/c I was a wee bit drunk the first time around!  heehee!  Hey, it was 9-11 on a Saturday night.  I had a few beers.  :)

Big Damn Heroes

AgentBrez
by on Jul. 13, 2009 at 2:24 PM

i liked the ending. totally unexpected but not ridiculously unbelieveable. i think its better Henry killed Wakefield and saved Abby. that would have even worse, if Abby died.  im glad Abby and Jimmy were together in the end. of course you always want to know more, like what happened to them once they got back to the states, but leaving it open the way it did allows us, the viewers, to imagine what we want, which can be fun.

tndsmomma28
by on Jul. 13, 2009 at 9:37 PM

I know that this isn't the case, but I kind of feel like they rushed for an ending, and this is what they came up with.  It seemed so strange the way they pulled things together all of a sudden in the last 1/2 hour to 45 minutes of the show.  Just seemed so odd.  Other than that, I loved the show, and I'm sad it's over now! :(

kewee81
by New Member on Jul. 14, 2009 at 11:22 AM

Quoting tndsmomma28:

I know that this isn't the case, but I kind of feel like they rushed for an ending, and this is what they came up with.  It seemed so strange the way they pulled things together all of a sudden in the last 1/2 hour to 45 minutes of the show.  Just seemed so odd.  Other than that, I loved the show, and I'm sad it's over now! :(

I agree. I was telling my husband the same thing. I felt like they built it up so much for the first 12 episodes then just put together an ending. I think it would have even been good if the sheriff had killed John Wakefield and Henry somehow found out that was his dad and was out to get revenge or something like that. But I don't believe that someone would be that upset about being giving up for adoption. I mean come on it happens on the soaps everyday. LOL.

tndsmomma28
by on Jul. 17, 2009 at 12:24 PM

My hubby & I were talking about this again, and we were thinking that the reason that Henry was so mad is because he was in love with Abby for years, then come to find out she's really his sister, so now he can't have her, and I think that added to his anger.  I think that having a whack job for a father wasn't a big help, either, and then the fact that he got put up for adoption all culminated into a very angry Henry.  Just my opinion, though!

Quoting kewee81:

Quoting tndsmomma28:

I agree. I was telling my husband the same thing. I felt like they built it up so much for the first 12 episodes then just put together an ending. I think it would have even been good if the sheriff had killed John Wakefield and Henry somehow found out that was his dad and was out to get revenge or something like that. But I don't believe that someone would be that upset about being giving up for adoption. I mean come on it happens on the soaps everyday. LOL.

jackiec7707
by on Jul. 26, 2009 at 3:19 AM

I think the ending was GOOD! I was so upset when it was Wakefield a few shows before the end. The way they did it with Henry being in love with Abbey and her telling him when they were kids that she wished they could live on the island by themselves, just the 2 of them and he faked a marriage just to get her back because he knew she would never go back any other way. I think it was cool and a way better ending than I expected after Wakefield was in the picture. It was so sad when he killed Sully to me. Trish too. Henry wasn't a socialpath because he was adopted from what I remember.? I thought it was just that he really wanted Abbey. Maybe that he was adopted made it worse because then he knew that he was in love with his sister. I don't know but I think they did a good job.  I think Cal and Chloe were by far the saddest victims :o(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)