Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rejected by parents

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2015 at 12:21 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 338 Total Views
I don't know if anyone will read this. Not sure if it's just helping by writing it. I am really struggling with the fact my parents are pushing me away. I became a believer in 97. I turned to Christ because my now ex husband cheated on me. He did several times crushing me. And since resulted in a divorce 2 years ago. But not before my parents moved to my town to be closer to me after they retired. When I separated they told me that they would of never moved had they known this would happen. Like I did? They were there to help pick me up and dust myself off. Now however I have been in a relationship with a guy who won my heart from the word go. They however have made statements that if I move to be with him they will disown me. Christmas was like a nightmare. After my mom throwing a fit telling me not to come over at all since I have my new family... My dad called an insisted I come. We get there... There were rude under the breath comments and my mom never acknowledged my guy the whole 4.5 hrs we were there. Nothing!! Not hi... Merry Christmas. Nothing!! I'm just so saddened that they are not sharing with my joy of an awesome Christian man in my life. Suggestions? Insight?
by on Jan. 7, 2015 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
cjsix Group Owner
by on Jan. 8, 2015 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I am sorry for all you have gone through with your exhusband...that would break my heart. I am not sure but,maybe it's just that your parents need time to adjust to you not being with someone you were with for the time you were together and understand that he did some things that were morally wrong and extremely hurtful to their daughter. Maybe they are having a difficult time accepting that he did those things. They also could be concerned that the new person in your life may end up hurting you also. I'm not saying what they did and are doing is right ...it isn't. It is good that you have found someone who shares your faith and cares about you.  Hugs and prayers medizzytoo <3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)