Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Early Gender Determination

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:39 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 246 Total Views

Poll

Question: Will you do EGD??

Options:

Yes, for sure!!

NO!!! I dont want to know

Wish I could...too expensive

not offered in my area

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 7

View Results

I am just wondering how many of you plan to have an early gender determination?  In my area it is an out of pocket 3-4D ultrasound done as early as 15 weeks.  I am so impatient to find out "who" these 2 babies are, that I know I will do it.  I will be seeing a perinatologist at 18 weeks, but I know I will go before then...then they can confirm it at 18 weeks.  What are your thoughts?

Pregnant with TWINS!!!

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
chasNrico
by Member on Jul. 29, 2009 at 8:51 AM

I have my regular ultrasound next month, then hopfully I'll find out. If they are unable to determine the sex, then I will probably be traveling 2 hrs away to get the 3D/4D ultrasound so I can know. Its a bit pricey at the one I found, but being military they give a discount. And to me it is worth it to find out.

Trollpup
by Member on Jul. 30, 2009 at 11:45 PM

3d/4d is sooo worth it!! had it with both my kids and it is just so awesome seeing their features so clean and watching them open and close there mouth, suck thumb, wiggle and stuff.  I would def do it again!!

KalsMommy
by Member on Aug. 3, 2009 at 8:28 AM

I actually had a regular u/s with my aunt to find out what we are having. She said 80% it's a girl but we have to wait bc it stil can be a boy. Which we are hoping for. Either way we don't mind. I don't know if they offer 3d/4d in my area.

pregnancy calendar

MissyWoo
by Member on Aug. 3, 2009 at 8:39 AM

I go for my regular/gender ultrasound on Aug. 19th! I can't wait. They do offer a "fancy features" ultrasound which is a 30 min, taped 3D/4D ultrasound with pics. I would like to do it, but it costs $200. So, being our 5th baby, I will probably wait. I would feel bad wasting $200. It would be exciting, tho!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)