Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you plan on getting Sims 3?

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2009 at 9:50 PM
  • 15 Replies
  • 376 Total Views

Poll

Question: Are you ready for the next game in the sequel?

Options:

No.

Yes!

Other. Please explain.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 11

View Results

I'm on the fence. With the in-game ads they're going to have and the SecuROM in the EADM, I'm not sure I want to go for it. I'll be waiting to see how the reviews go from other simmers in the community.

What's your take on it?

by on Apr. 15, 2009 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SmileyMoo
by on Apr. 15, 2009 at 9:53 PM

I probably won't be buying TS3. I refuse to support EA anymore than I already have :D

crys21
by on May. 5, 2009 at 5:27 PM

I might get the sims 3. I have to upgrade my video card first though.

Mom2princessq
by New Member on May. 7, 2009 at 3:52 PM
I'm and Addict so (Sigh!!) yes I will....  I wish I could quit!!!  ;0)
BlueRosesMama
by on May. 20, 2009 at 3:51 PM

I've been waiting for Sims 3 to come out ever since i heard about it so no doubt ill be getting it!!! 1 more week till its released yessssssss 

Proud wife to Craig 6-20-08 and Proud mama to Desirae 11-3-07 and step-mommy to Sabrina 6-20-08

sweet2all
by Group Owner on May. 28, 2009 at 11:24 AM

Not too much longer to wait! :D

BlueRosesMama
by on May. 28, 2009 at 11:52 AM

yup yup next week tues i believe...but i wont be able to get it till i get video card updated which wont be for awhile

I'm a mommy to 2 stubborn kids..I'm also a married,god loving, church going,disposable diapering,discplining,vaccinating mommy

SmileyMoo
by on May. 28, 2009 at 8:46 PM

You'll have to let us know how you like it. Post some pics!

bkt84
by on Jun. 2, 2009 at 11:49 AM

iv been hearing a few people say that they wont support EA how come?? id like feedback before I get the sims 3

SmileyMoo
by on Jun. 2, 2009 at 12:21 PM

Oh honey, I could write a novel on all the reasons I will not support EA. The big reasons

• Securom is malware. It has already ruined one computer of mine. 
  • They LIED about and tried to say Securom wouldn't be on the Sims 3 disk...
  • They go against their own EULA to support The Sims Resource. Even banning people that dare defy them
  • Their games are riddled with bugs, are pushed out way too fast
  • They treated their volunteers like trash. Not a bit of respect. Not one ounce of dignity
  • Shoddy work ethics
  • Crappy customer support. Heck, crappy ANYKIND of support
  • add about 100 more bullets to this and I'll find more reasons to add
Quoting bkt84:

iv been hearing a few people say that they wont support EA how come?? id like feedback before I get the sims 3

sweet2all
by Group Owner on Jun. 2, 2009 at 12:22 PM

If you like being able to play multiple families easily without making a "new game", then Sims 3 may not be for you.

I like a lot of the aspects of Sims 3, but the graphics are subpar on my decent PC. The graphics definitely went down in quality. I have 3 Gigs of RAM and a 128 MB video card which isn't the greatest but it's not bad either, and the game lags a whole lot, and the graphics even on max aren't too great. Story progression off does not work. In other words, the town does age and go on having children, getting married, dying, etc. even with story progression off.

There aren't very many objects in game, compared to the Sims Store (really, have you seen the stuff they have there already? If you've got $275 to blow, you'll be able to buy all the hairs, objects, clothes, meshes, etc. that are in the store). I believe they shouldn't have skimped their customers; instead, they should have thrown in a bit more objects. Seems quite greedy to me.

All in all, it's a fair game. However, it will not replace Sims 2 for me. Sims 3 will be a game I play every now and again, but probably not even weekly. I think EA messed up with this one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)