Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am new to the group

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:36 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 155 Total Views

Hi everyone. I am new to the group. My doctor just gave me Celexa for depression. I also have ocd. Have suffered both since the age of 18 and I am 43 now. I didn't start the Celexa because I don't know enough about it or possible side effects. The pharmacy printed out 10 pages full of them and it scared me. Does anyone take Prozac or Luvox? I am thinking of asking my doctor about one or both of them.

by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Jeanne61
by New Member on May. 8, 2012 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi nice to meet you I am also new, it's my hubby that suffers with depression, he has done on and off for years and is currently on medication. My son who is autistic used to have prozac which seemed to help for a while but then just didn't seem to work anymore, I guess everyone is different though what works for one doesn't for another one.
Jeanne61
by New Member on May. 8, 2012 at 5:52 PM

BUMP!

Ginais2cute
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 6:21 PM

My daughter says that Prozac is mostly prescribed for children and may not help me. I have a friend in her 60's who takes it and she has great results. I guess everyone is different.

Krystina_Grant
by Head Admin on May. 8, 2012 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Its true! Everyone is different. I can't take any antidepressants except for paxil. I have tried all the others and I get side effects from all of them. But if you have any anxiety with your depression I would say check out Paxil.

Photobucket

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)