Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Surgery Update!!

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 5:11 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 288 Total Views

Apparently my surgery went very well. I don't rememeber much about the first day, but I seemed to recover pretty well. Though I had nausea a bit - especially when I would walk - and I had pain at the main incision site, but it wasn't overwhelming pain. It was actually more like an ache.

I was in the hospital for four days then the doctor cleared me to go home. I didn't feel great at first, but as the days go on, i'm doing okay. I started driving pretty quick because not driving was driving me insane. But I had done at least four trips to Walmart since and it wipes me out every time and aggravates the left side of my abdomen. I can say that I am missing food, but not because I'm particularly hungry. A lot of it is the smell. I never realized how much you miss food when you can't have it!! But all in all, I'm happy with my decision.

Plus, I have been able to stay on my psych meds which is awesome. I have had no trouble taking them!! THAT was a relief.

Anyway, I hope to be back more frequently now.

How is everyone else doing?

Photobucket

by on May. 6, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Ginais2cute
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 8:57 AM

I am preparing for surgery, empty nest, and thinking about what meds might be good for me. I have ocd as well as depression.

jochims
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Glad to hear your surgery went well for you hugs

Krystina_Grant
by Head Admin on May. 7, 2012 at 7:29 PM

If you told me I'm a bit of a flake and don't remember - what surgery are you having. So far I've been lucky and haven't had to change my meds because they work. But I will wish the best for you. When is the surgery going to be?

Photobucket

sonnyswoman75
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Im glad it went well for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Krystina_Grant
by Head Admin on May. 8, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Thanks! Me too!! :-)

Photobucket

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN